Friday, October 20, 2023

A resting day...........


After all of the outside work Wednesday I needed to rest my body yesterday.  The only thing I did besides laundry is look for sashing fabric for the Bear Paw blocks.  I looked through 2 large bins of brown, beige, gold, and rust and this one is my favorite so far.  For everyone who thought plain black or tone on tone was the best choice, I didn't look at either of those.  I was looking for a stripe but didn't find one I liked.  I need 7/8 yard of fabric for the sashing strips so that limited some of my choices because I have a lot of 1/2 yard or less. 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that one looks great with it. We all need a rest day after working outside. I doubt I will do as much today as I did yesterday

Julierose said...

That animal print sashing is so neat--nice choice;)))
Enjoy your resting day--I am doing the same for myself today; my hands need a break!
60 degrees here this morning--much warmer than we expected...so far none of that predicted rain has come our way...
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Sashing usually turns out to require more fabric than I anticipate. ("A few sashes short of a flimsy," as a friend quipped.)

JJM said...

Your days are always so full no matter what you tackle each day. But so good to hear you took a day to catch your breath. That was a tremendous gardening day for you. And then to come in and bake your bread…. Your day yesterday was still a busy one searching for that perfect sashing fabric and laundry. Restful compared to the day before . And even today don’t push it.

Your sashing choice couldn’t be any better, for your Bear Paw. It adds to the rhythm with your bear paw blocks. Framing each block with your “Exuberant”choice.

JJM.

Barbara Anne said...

Hope your day of mostly rest has you feeling lots better today.

I love the tiger print you found for sashing, too. Isn't it annoying when you don't have enough of the perfect fabric?

Hugs!

Agile Jack said...

I think you're like me. We're not beige sashing girls!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How perfect is that sashing! A bountiful fabric stash is a joy forever. Good for you to get some rest!

Cathy said...

That sashing is so perfect! Much better than anything plain (says the girl who’s never been brave enough to sash with a print!).