Thursday, October 12, 2023

Cutting and sewing..............


More geese flew under the needle yesterday.  I decided to go ahead and cut some more pieces to match with the left over half square triangles.  There are 27 here, now 87 total.  There were 8 more to sew when I quit for the night.  The 2 light geese on the left (bottom group) aren't Australian fabrics but I thought they looked enough like them to work in these blocks.  I need to cut 8 more sets of light triangles in both sizes to match the remaining triangles on the tray.

We're back in a rainy period so I won't be working outside very much.  I got a Hydrangea bush on sale for $8.50 that I would like to get planted soon.  I could just plant it in a larger pot and put it up close to the house for the winter if I don't get it in the ground.  Meanwhile I'm back at my other job, still going through quilting books to clear out as many as possible.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad I have more garden time in the fall here I ordered 4 new blueberry bushes and they should come in the next couple weeks I should be able to plant here until close to Thanksgiving. No rain in sight here.
The geese units look great

Julierose said...

Such pretty "Geese"--love that black and white one on top of your stack;)))
We are getting cooler by the day --only 46 this morning, but sunny. We've had no winds this week; strange as usually we are quite windy here...
I hope to finish pin basting sometime today and perhaps sew a few more set up Old Italian blocks..hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Still your days are full of sewing, sorting and organizing. Good day for you yesterday I’d say.

Enjoy your ‘in house’ days with all your rain. Do you have your radio or t.v. on during the day ? I usually have the t.v. on just for company most of my days. Hallmark movie channel… they are easy to figure out no matter when I stop to watch. (*._.*)


JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

So far, chilly here, but not much rain. I got all the indoor plants in last Thursday and we will see what makes it. Three fancy leaf geraniums. Love those HSTs

Barbara Anne said...

What richly colorful HSTs you've made!! What a glorious quilt they'll be part of.

Do you enjoy reading? When it's raining outdoors, I love to sit and read for a while. The laundry in the washer with some drying, too, so I'm multitasking!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

It has definitely cooled off here (still in the 70s daytime with a mix of 40-60s overnights) and leaves are turning yellow and brown. On,y a few dull reds so far this year. Sorting and organizing is about my speed right now - it has been an odd week and my motivation is missing in action.