Friday, October 6, 2023

Moving on to the next project.................


There were several pieces of strip piecing left from a previous African fabric quilt and one new dark pink set.  There are 6 different sets here, green, blue, pink, purple, rust and gold.  I need to remove the short strip from the rust set and then they will all be about 17" on their shortest strip.



As a reminder this is the quilt on which they will be used as borders.  First I need to cut a border of the fabric in the photo below to go all the way around and then I will figure out what widths I will use for the strip piecing.  The maximum width with 17" available will be 4.25" strips but I could make them all different sizes.  



Border fabric.


Yesterday was a grocery shopping day plus clean up of the kitchen from baking for great-grandchildren the day before.  I also had to wrap birthday presents for 2 of the children, one August birthday and one October birthday.  Everything is on the way to them now.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Those cut offs will make a lovely border...
63 here and raining; another gray day out there...
I began pin basting Winged Strings yesterday....slow progress.
Hugs for a great weekend...Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to have a baking day now and then - I told my daughter I was going to make blackberry cobbler this weekend so I guess I better find the recipe.
I bet it wont take too long for you to finish this quilt

JJM said...

Just looking at this quilt top makes me feel like your elephants have stirred up quite a thrilling frame around them. . . Border choice looks like a perfect addition to the mix. It’s growing more exciting by the day.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is going to be another super saturated scrappy beauty . . . have fun with those strip sets!

Barbara Anne said...

What a delicious border those strips will make and the outer border fabric is just perfect. Once again, you're on a roll!

Hugs!