Monday, October 16, 2023

Cross seams sewn...........


All of the seams are sewn and this colorwash has been pressed.  It will be the next to hand baste and should only take about a half hour.  It is 18.5" square.  The majority of prints are Kaffe Fassett collective and other fabrics added in as needed.  This one is not as smooth but has a lot of interest in the fabrics.  I sometimes describe this type of prints as chunky/bumpy.  It was fun to make and just what I needed as I contemplate the next to be added to the African elephant quilt top.


I brought the box of 6.5" squares of Kaffe fabric upstairs and I want to sort them loosely by color.

We had off and on sunshine yesterday so it looked warmer out than it was.  Today I hope to start digging the hole for the sale priced Hydrangea that I got last week.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely colorwash finale!!
Good luck getting that hydrangea in...
47 here and windy again...a coolish day ahead for our walk...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the colorwash - I need to start trying to dig the holes for the blueberry plants that will arrive today, I will get Mike to help as I need a total of 8 holes dug

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oooh - the possibilities in that stack of 6.5" squares!

JJM said...

Awesome Chunky/Bumpy Colorwash…. It is so beautiful, I love it. Your prints make this a standout for sure.

Sorting your stack of squares looks like a fun project that will go fast knowing you. Looking forward to see what you add to your ‘dancing elephants’.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I love your new wee colorwash quilt and it will add a happy glow wherever you use it!

It's such fun to imagine all you can do with squares, from HSTs to Quarter squares to smaller squares to strips or you can use them as they are! Let your imagination soar.

Hope the weather lets you plant your new hydrangea.

Hugs!

Patty said...

It has to be harder to get smooth transitions with a smaller piece. The wee color wash turned out very pretty! It’s still raining lightly here on and off. The next three days look good here. I will have to think if I have anything outside that needs done.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful colourwash and a cute size.