Wednesday, October 25, 2023

First finish of October 2023............


 I feel like I'm finally making some progress this month.  I had so many side projects to take care of this month that I really haven't gotten much stitching time.  This colorwash is all batiks, no fabric repeated, and the squares finish at 2".  It is 31.5" square.

It got up to 77 degrees yesterday and our normal high is about 60 degrees right now.  We may hit 70 a few more times this week and then 40 next week.  While it was nice and warm I took my shovel out to the back garden and started digging out the black raspberry plants.  I didn't plant them; I think a bird did it.  The canes grow long and bend over and when they hit the ground they form roots and start a new plant.  Unfortunately they are growing in a flower garden and as good as the berries taste, I'm done dealing with them.  Rain is predicted off and on for several days so I'm not sure if I can get them all dug out this week.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely colorwash piece--so striking!! Nice work
51 here early this morning; sunny days this week so far--predicted to warm up through sunday and then "drop off a cliff" colder.
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is the problem with some of the plants - I got rid of my raspberries because they were doing that and you couldn't walk through parts of the garden without getting scratched.

Nann said...

Your colorwash quilts are like the photographs from the Webb Space Telescope. Beautiful!

JJM said...

Another awesome colorwash glowing from my screen. Its absolutely beautiful Wanda.

2” of snow on the ground this morning and still snowing as I write this. Our weather kid got it right this time, and we were ready . Storm is heading east . Maybe thats the rain you’ll be getting instead of the snow.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What a beautiful quilt with such delicious and saturated colors!

Our high today is to be 77*F and in the next couple of days it will be 84*F, but only briefly.

Hugs!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A delightful colourwash quilt Wanda. Those batiks are perfect for getting those subtle changes washing over the quilt.

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful finish on the color wash quilt! I have a long list of things I want to finish by the end of Oct. guess I won't be sleeping 🤣

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is just lovely- the glow and movement. The master at work! (and finish).

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful batik finish!