Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Time to make a Christmas stocking..........


It took at least an hour to look through my Christmas embroidery designs to find an appropriate one in the right size for this Christmas stocking.  Then another hour looking for all of the thread colors it called for.  When an embroidery is going to take over an hour to stitch out I want to be sure I have the recommended colors from the designer of the embroidery.


I'm going to have to move the stocking outline to the right another  quarter to half an inch to get the embroidery placement better.  I used an erasable pen to draw it.  I'm using old blue jeans to make the stocking.







The Amaryllis is going to be red.  It opened a little more during the day yesterday but I don't think it will be in full bloom for a couple more days.  Photo taken with daylight from the east window.  It is really a prettier red than this.

Update on the "big storm" they have been predicting with early reports of 6 - 14" of snow.  Now it is down to 2 - 5" because the main part of the storm is going farther east than they first thought.  The worst news is -5 degrees Friday morning with a high of 3 degrees during the day and high winds.


I think the last 2 blooms on the red cactus are going to gone before Christmas day.  No new buds have formed on any of the rest of the plants.  I think I only have 3 that haven't bloomed at all out of the 15 I have.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stocking is very cute and I'm sure whom ever is the recipient will be greatly pleased. As for the weather- all the predications seem to be just that, and I usually joke that just looking out the window is a better source. Merry Christmas!
Kathy

SueR said...

I didn't realize you had an embroidery machine. Great design, and it'll be fun to see the finished stocking. All rain here on Friday, but big wind with lots of power outages expected. Maine doesn't get the big snows and deep cold like we used to. Which isn't a bad thing. How big across will the amaryllis bloom be, do you think?

Julierose said...

Just a lovely embroidery, Wanda--great to use old jeans for the background!!
Amaryllis looks ready to burst open just in time for Christmas Day...
Only 24 degrees here this morning--with a milky sky...knitting on my tangerine dishcloth to see some warm color ;))) hugs, Julierose

DianeN said...

The worst part of this storm is going to be the -30 degree wind chills. Here's hoping the power stays on. Stay safe, Wanda.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't recall you showing embroidery before. I have done a little embroidery using a machine once years ago when a friend had a machine for it - it turned out pretty work but I knew I would never use it enough to do much so never got one - that design is really nice. Stay warm- we are to get the really cold temps too and a little snow on Thursday.

Mary said...

The fact that you were able to locate all you needed show both the extent of your supplies and your organization. The stocking will be a treasure for its recipient. I still have one made by one of my aunts. It's showing its age but I refuse to part with it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That will be a very fun stocking! Our negative overnight temps are predicted in the -15 degree range - that's COLD. The snow is likely to miss us, aside from maybe a bit late Thursday afternoon . . . we shall see.

JJM said...

Santa and his Reindeer is a beautiful embroidery design. The detail is so awesome. And on a ‘weathered’ piece of denim yet, so perfect. I need to crank up my machine too, but can’t do it till after the ‘Holiday dust’ settles.

Amaryllis is really putting on a great show for you.

National weather news has the whole nation shaking in their boots, Arctic front from Canada to the pan handle of FL. We’ve had so much frigid winter weather all ready, it makes me smile we can share our super frosty days with the rest if you. (*._.*)

JJM

patty a. said...

The embroidery is gorgeous! That sure goes a lot quicker than doing it by hand! That is such a great idea to stitch it on denim. The flowers are so pretty.

Vicki W said...

I love the jeans for the base of the stocking. It's going to look so nice.