Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Sunday only continued to Monday...........


I didn't want to fold all of the freshly pressed rows and put them into a project box so I continued adding some horizontal strips and finished sewing the rows together.  The wider strips are 2" and the narrower ones are 1".  Now the top is around 56" x 66".  I didn't measure, just calculations from the number of pieces.


Now the only question is whether the border will be scrappy also or all one color.  I have the top hanging on a padded hanger now ready for next Sunday's decision.


For my other project I sewed the last 2 sets of strips that I had chosen and pressed them, cut the triangles and sewed the blocks.  This #6 was the last idea I wanted to try with half of the blocks (one of each combination).  I'm not sure where I would go with this one as I made it into a rectangular shape.



I know that I want to keep this quilt so it has to be sewn with my favorite layout which is #2.  All of the others are so predictable, but also great designs.  I could make this quilt 6 times and use all of the layouts.  #3 had the most votes as favorite (go back to yesterday's post to see the first 5 layouts).  I will have to sew 2 more stratas to get the number of blocks I need.  I have 44 made and I need 48 so it will finish about 60" x 80".  Thanks for all of the input of your ideas and votes.  About half of you are no reply bloggers so I couldn't thank you personally so here is a group thank you.

 

9 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I love the layout.With those fabrics it is so interesting.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I'm a bit late to the voting from yesterday so #3 is my favourite, but I expect you have another surprise up your sleeve. The weather is still changeable with the odd drizzle, but fingers crossed the roofer is still coming tomorrow. Only a small leak but needs fixing now before the bad winter weather comes. Hope all is well with you :)

patty a. said...

I say put a scrappy border on and use up those pieces! I think a scrappy border would fit right in with the scrappy look of the quilt. For the striped top, you can't go wrong with whatever layout you pick.

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO much more interesting that the original Tapas layout - happy you have made your decision. And the Sunday into Monday top is wonderful!!

Julierose said...

Sunday into Monday is totally awesome, Wanda--all those gorgeous pieces shimmering throughout!! Lovely work...
I also really like how your Strata is coming together...nice works,
Weak sun and temps in the mid 50's this morning...a good day to
food shop--I have looked and looked locally but no one has ornament hangers? What? Really?
So, I went to my good friend, Amazon... hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I’d do all one color for border. This piece would look great with a ‘frame’ around it in one color. But I voted for no. 3 also. (*._.*) it is your piece and I know you will be happy with it no matter what others suggest.

JJM

audrey said...

Both of these are looking so good! If only there was time to make all of the quilts we have in our head. Just think if you had an assistant! lol

Mystic Quilter said...

Two beauties on the go here! The scrappy border on your Sunday quilt looks right at home with the HSTs and the horizontal strips. Out of your setting choices I really liked number 5, but all your settings look fantastic with these fabrics.

Vicki W said...

SO looks so wonderful with the added sashing and FWIW I vote for the scrappy border for sure!