Saturday, December 31, 2022

Antique inspiration...........


I saw a photo of an antique quilt on a couple different blogs and thought it looked like fun because it has lots of my favorite shape in it, triangles of course.  I didn't analyze it well and made triangle strips going 2 different directions.  By the time I realized that I had over 30 strips of 5 triangle squares sewn together so I went in my own direction.  Yesterday I finally made decisions and got the borders all designed and sewn on.  It finished at approximately 64" x 75.5".


Here is the inspiration quilt so you can see there are a few similarities.  I decided to have insert strips sewn in to calm down the design a little and then made the decision to do a scrappy border instead of all one color.  You could probably sleep under the antique version whereas mine might keep you awake.

I don't know if I will finish anything else today.  I will be working on the many collages that I will need for my monthly recap and yearly recap and that will take a few hours, double checking that I have all of the photos in them.  I may only have the monthly recap ready for tomorrow and the yearly one on Monday.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

I like how some of the lighter blocks seem to disappear partially; nice work on all those (wow!! so many triangles...this would be my nightmare sewing--you know I am triangle challenged here!! Hahaha)

Hugs and a very Happy New Year to you and yours, Wanda Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I absolutely LOVE your inspired-by version. Adding the horizontal inserts and using that fabulous scrappy border make your quilt top sing with joy.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and those you love a very happy, healthy 2023, Wanda.

JJM said...

I like the inspiration quilt. BUT I LOVE your creation way better, and “Quiltdivajulie” nailed it, with her comment !

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, that quilt has a lot to say! Happy New Year to you, Wanda.

Vicki W said...

I gree with Linda's comment - it has a lot to say! Well done!