Saturday, December 10, 2022

Background project..............


I didn't feel like turning on the iron yesterday so no more progress on the striped quilt.  This is just a mindless sewing project, always ready to sew.


This is the photo when I put the first group of blocks up on the design wall.  I'm sure this project will go into January because I have other things to work on.

I have a backing and batting on the longarm and I changed the needle....the one with the round top so I never know if I have it in exactly the right position so I didn't want to turn on the longarm either.  I will have to get brave today and do it.

I basted a few rows in my colorwash that is a kit sample for my upcoming Colorwash 360 class.  If you want to be on the waitlist for notification for the class go to this link.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

the nine patches are really pretty with those darker bars...
Only 31 degrees again this morning--Frosty the Snowman hasn't visited as yet
though...hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are always so amazing. I admire your talent.
Here's a tip i stumbled on for those round shank needles. I found a really fine pin that fit in the eye if the needle. Then once the needle is inserted in the machine you can use the pin to position the needle precisely. Once the needle is tightened down simply slide the pin out. I have vision problems and this really helped me.

SueR said...

Amazing how a little thing like changing the needle on the longarm can generate so much stress. I dread having to change mine too, especially if my tension is spot on. The nine patch blocks are looking good!

SueR said...

I use the needle trick too mentioned above, but the needle tends to rotate out of position a tiny bit when I tighten the thumb screw. Something to be aware of.

JJM said...

You always have many projects going and then add Christmas in there too. Todays post is refreshing, simple and yet so lovely.

JJM

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the stripe quilt and this is lovely too. There is so many things you can do with a good placement of lights and darks.

Mystic Quilter said...

Mindless sewing or not, I think it's a great project.