Saturday, December 3, 2022

Sewing stratas............


This is 3 and a half hours of sewing.  I have 4 more sets lined up to sew and then I'll press them and cut the triangles. 







I'm down to my last 2 tomatoes from all of the green ones I brought in before the first hard freeze.  I gave a container of them to my neighbor and another to my son about a week ago because they were all ripening at once.


I found some really good Romaine lettuce on my grocery run earlier in the week so this has been my lunch 3 days in a row.





The orange cactus is in full bloom.  A lot of the others have finished their first round of blooming.  The red one is the only other one with fresh blooms right now.

Last night it was 50 degrees, today is going to struggle to get out of the 20s.  Sounds like good weather for quilting.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love Romaine for a salad. But it is so versatile. Once when I ran out of spinach, I discovered that if you chop Romaine, it sautés nicely and still has crunch in the parts closest to the spine. (Yeah, I am a weirdo who eats sautéed veggies with my breakfast.)

Julierose said...

Romaine is our favorite for salads too; yours look delicious!
Your strata are coming along nicely...
57 here this morning--and yesterday was 27--talk about yo-yo temps!!
We are supposed to get rain today--right now it's quite windy...
Western winds...
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

That salad looks mighty tasty. I do love a good salad, but sometimes when it is cold outside, it is hard to eat something cold. I need to make some more soup. The sewing looks wonderful and great use of stripes as well as lots of prints.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love Romaine and it seems to last longer in the fridge then some of them do

JJM said...

Those 3 hours must have flown by sewing those stripes and prints together and seeing the outcome of each that made you smile. I know because they use made me smile.

We’ve been in frigid winter temps all of November, but we live in the mountains vs you on the prairie of Illinois. It has been below zero most mornings and makes it up to the 20’s and sometimes we hit 32 and it feels like a heat wave.

JJM

JJM said...

Delete ‘use’… it was supposed to be ‘they made me smile’

Mystic Quilter said...

Delicious looking healthy salad, I'm looking forward to salad days as we're now officially in Summer!The strip sets are looking so, so good, I love the KF fabrics you've used.

O'Quilts said...

somehow I missed this post too...oh, well