Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Just a little sewing


I worked on a non-sewing project for many hours yesterday so I just had a little time to sew at night.  I have 17 combinations of stratas sewn and got them all pressed.  Six of them were sub-cut into the 9 patch pieces and four blocks of each combination were sewn.  I won't be designing with these any time soon and will get the other 11 sets cut and made into blocks whenever I don't have another project to work on.

I know I need to start baking Christmas cookies the middle of this week.  I only have 2 boxes to mail this year because my grandson moved back from Colorado.  I usually start with the cookies that never seem to get stale and work my way up to the ones that look best when fresh.

7 comments:

patty a. said...

You got quite a bit of sewing done last evening! I finally got some Land o lakes butter on sale. It was $4.49 a pound. Yes, it has been less expensive in the past, but $4.49 is better than $6.00.

Marnie Haines said...

Happy Baking, Wanda! What a lovely gift to send to family faraway. Marnie

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to start that Xmas baking too!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the idea of having a non-sewing project ready to go when it doesn't feel right to work on anything in the queue. I've done four-patches this way (long ago) but seeing your blocks, perhaps I need to set up for nine patches . . . 'Tis the season for home-baked goodies - have fun baking yours.

Julierose said...

Christmas cookies as happy mail are the best!! I am not much of a cookiemaker--I prefer making brownies and bar types...today I have a roast in my crock pot wimmering away...it was only 21 this morning as I drove out to food shop!! I wore my puffy coat and a hat and gloves--Nanouk of the North--!!
Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Those pesky non-sewing projects cut into so much of our creative time! (I write from personal experience.) What size are the blocks in this batch of 9ps? And, speaking of batches--mmmm! Christmas cookies! What are your go-to varieties?

Finely Finished said...

I began reading your blog because I love the title. I live in the boonies, and am sole caretaker for my spouse who has dementia. Over the past few years, we have built and/or remodeled five houses, but now he cannot do anything except watch movies. I am finishing up our remodel on our home--sheetrock, texture, refinishing floors. I just tiled my sewing room with 16x16 tiles. However, I am having trouble (mental) getting back into sewing. It is very inspiring to look at your items and read about what everyone is making. What you do does touch others.