Thursday, December 29, 2022

Choosing binding.............


The binding is finally selected and cut for the colorwash wall hanging.  It is very dark, dull purple.  You could almost mistake it for dark brown.  Nice and neutral.




I got it sewn on and hand stitched about 4" to make sure I like it.  I think it works well so I'll be stitching away today.

I did another load of laundry yesterday and there is still one more load to do today.  I usually do a load once every 5 days, dark one time and light the next time.  I heard recently that the younger generation doesn't sort their clothes by light and dark when they do laundry.  I wonder if that is really true.


The light coming in the east window was just perfect to get another photo of a red bloom.  I didn't notice those 3 curls near the center until yesterday.  I'm disappointed the other stalk is growing taller.  The buds started opening a couple days ago and it looked like it was going to bloom a little shorter and all of the blooms wouldn't have to fight for space.  All I can hope is that it will get taller than the other stalk and the blooms will be higher.


 

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Neither of my children separate their clothes to wash. Light, dark, towels, everything goes in together.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw your "Quilts in Wales" post yesterday I put this book on hold at my local library. There are a "few" people on the list in front of me so I will probably be enjoying it in the spring!

My 30-something kids don't sort light and dark although they do seem to do an occasional "special stuff" load. My theory is that a lot of their clothes are synthetic "work out" type things with little color loss or lint. Clearly the "lights and darks" baskets in the laundry room here was not an adopted approach!

Ceci

Julierose said...

My children don't sort their clothes to be washed either...I do, but if DH does a load he doesn't sort either...
the peek at your colorwash shows how well that binding will look...
38 degrees and climbing here today...we plan to walk outdoors @ 11 or so...
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I agree, binding for colorwash is perfect. Second photo shows the purple more than the first.

And your amaryllis blossom with the extra little curls in the center, a delightful surprise . And speaking of surprises… on my walk yesterday I stopped to take off the ponderosa pine needles off my half barrel of Bitterroots. (Montana’s native flower) I was so surprised to see them popping up ! ! ! DECEMBER 28th ! ! ! They are usually peeking through in February, which is normal, but never this early. I told my husband and neighbors its a sure sign of an early spring .

JJM

Sharon Stroud said...

I'm 67 and haven't sorted laundry in years. Only sort if there are new, unwashed items. Then I pay attention. A full load is a full load. Makes it easier to keep things done up.