Monday, December 26, 2022

Multicolor batiks...........


Most of my batiks are sorted by color but then there are the ones that are too multicolor so they get their own shelves.  Last night's fun was taking them down and sorting them by under a yard and over a yard.  This will make it so much easier for me to find backings for my colorwash quilts or any other small quilt.  I'm loving the nice neat stacks.


My favorite find was this purple and gray blue mottled fabric.  I have a half yard of it.






I found 5 other mottled fabrics that need to go down to the basement studio to join the others.  I have enough mottles left to have another sale of them.





There were 3 other interesting ones that I think I should use soon.  The dotted one on the left is a lot prettier in person.





This is another batik I would like to use soon.  It is pretty and also challenging to figure out how it will cut up. 

I will be doing a lot more sorting and documenting some of the fabrics that I want to use soon.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

That purple-y batik is so lovely...I love those multis as when you cut them up into smaller pieces they yield such interesting pieces that pretty much look like different fabrics!!
I hope your Christmas was super--hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can't seem to concentrate on sorting. I just have some cut blocks that I keep chain piecing while listening to the radio. So sad people in my area are dying of cold because no one could get to them. Many are trapped in their homes by huge drifts. So sad.

JJM said...

Gorgeous array of fabrics…. Just brightened my day.

New Year is days a way lets hope we all get a Happier New Year and weather storms and inflation goes away !

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

The batiks in the fourth photo down are extraordinary, I've never come across any like that before, I love the check on the RH side.