Friday, December 16, 2022

Almost done.............


All 4 corners are stitched but I have 27" left to stitch on the last side.  I worked on this several times yesterday.





I noticed this frayed thread near an edge as I was hand sewing the binding.  It is a spot where the thread frayed but didn't break but it caused a skipped stitch.  With all of the trouble I had quilting this one I can see I am going to have to follow every stitching line and see if there are more spots like this.  I can stitch over these spots on my Pfaff with matching thread and hope it doesn't distract from the beauty of the piecing.


Exciting mail!!!

A Christmas postcard from Vicki Welsh was in the mail yesterday.  I get an email with a preview of my mail of the day and it showed it on Wednesday but the card wasn't in my mailbox.  Maybe the mailman wanted to enjoy it one more day.






I put it up on my bulletin board wall with the others from previous years.  I will probably rearrange them today so 2 reds aren't next to each other.  I just love this collection and I leave it up all year.



The weathermen were downplaying the chance that we would get accumulating snow but the ground has a light covering now and snow predicted overnight and again today.    With the cold weather we are going to have for over a week I think we will have a white Christmas.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Love your wall of trees--so pretty. Oh that is a shame about that thread break!! Hope you can go over it to fix it...
We are just getting rain here--42 degrees and windy...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that must be frustrating about the thread like that - to have to go back and look at front and back to see if there are more will be a job.

Nann said...

What a lovely holiday array!

patty a. said...

I leave mine up all year round too!

JJM said...

Your binding must be complete by now. And looking forward seeing the entire piece photographed.

Vicki Welch Christmas card and your collection sent me to her web-site again this year. I enjoyed her creative works of art.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I really love that quilt, and isn't it good the thread mishap was in such a noticeable spot! Hopefully that will be the only one. Your Christmas postcard display is so pretty! I don't blame you for leaving it up all year.

Vicki W said...

I'm so happy that you love the cards!