Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas.............


Merry Christmas!

This is the Christmas card from my friend Linda Swanekamp from the Art in Search blog.  She is a talented artist who paints and makes quilts, and many more talents I'm sure.







She comes up with a new idea each year for her cards and I treasure every one of them.


4 of the buds have opened on the Amaryllis, just one more to go.






I couldn't stop at one photo of the gorgeous red.  It is hard to capture all 4 blooms in a photo and this one shows the unopened bud better.

We got up to 12 degrees yesterday but still strong winds.  7-14 day forecast has us having above normal temperatures.  I'll take that, thank you.  Actually the 40s will start in about 5 days.

 

9 comments:

Mary said...

Merry Christmas, Wanda! Lovely cards and amaryllis.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Merry Christmas I have 2 buds now that have begun to grow for a long time I thought it would be one. Lovely Cards -

Gene Black said...

Merry Christmas, Wanda!

DianeN said...

The postcards are so beautiful and so is the amaryllis. Such a gorgeous shade of red.

Merry, merry Christmas, Wanda!

Julierose said...

Merry Christmas, Wanda;))) what a lovely collection of cards--she is really talented...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow. What a Christmas present this morning! I hate to admit it, but all my cards leave and I don't have a collection of what I have done. Thanks for the Christmas showcase. We have so much snow today, that any tree is mostly covered with it and would not make a good painting. Thank you!

MissPat said...

Merry Christmas, Wanda. Linda is very talented. The warm up can't come soon enough for me, but at least, we are not buried in snow.
Pat

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Merry Christmas, Wanda! - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm very envious of your beautiful scarlet Amaryllis, never had a red one at my place. Linda's cards are treasures, I agree and always a joy to receive them.