Tuesday, December 27, 2022

First quilt top finish for December................


I pressed the 12 big quilt blocks and then sewed this top together.  It is number 4 in the series with Kaffe Fassett yarn dyed woven stripes.  I have 2 more that I would like to make and then I think I'm done with stripes for a while.  All of the edges of the blocks are bias so it was hard to smooth this out on the design wall without distorting it.  The size is approximately 59" x 79".

I also finished quilting the batik colorwash so I'll look for binding for it today.  Only 5 more days to sew finishes for the month/year, Tuesday through Saturday this week.  I want to finish the Sunday Only quilt top for sure, just the border left to design and sew on.

 

12 comments:

julieQ said...

I really love the movement of the stripes!! What a lovely quilt!

Julierose said...

Such a lovely quilt!! I love the diagonal stripe fabrics setting off the KF
stripes...nice work
27 degrees and gray here today; prediction is for a warming trend....
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

bright and colorful - looks great

Linda Swanekamp said...

Super finish! Very unique and lovely color combos.

Cathy said...

I love it!!!

Cathy said...

Oh, that is so beautiful!!

Anne Ibach said...

I really like the design you chose for this quilt top. I can't wait to see the other striped quilts you're planning.

Happy New year Wanda!!!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the stripes movement

Mystic Quilter said...

Magnificent!! I could sit and look at this for hours.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful!!!
Love the mix of big and little strips - its so fun to look at!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The stripes look wonderful in this.

Vicki W said...

I love this quilt so much!