Monday, December 12, 2022

Photographer was tired............


I was so tired by the time I got to the photography so this Sunday only project is a little tilted.  I have sewn on side borders.  I had 3 leftover strips of triangle squares so I incorporated them in where they matched the orientation in the center blocks.


Then I thought maybe I need to add another border after the first one.  I think the strips need to brighter colors than these that were conveniently laying on my table Since I need to lengthen it more to get it to be a better rectangular shape, it means at least a 6" border on top and bottom.  That could be a combination of 1", 2" and 3" or two 3" or maybe two 3" and a 1" strip for a 7" border.  I was clearly too tired to make a decision so this will stay on the design wall for another day.  (After studying the photos on the computer screen I'm not sure it needs that second border.)

Meantime I'll trim the Gridlock quilt and get binding sewn on and get the striped X blocks pressed.

 

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can certainly understand being tired. Just reading all that you are doing is enough for me. I marvel at the amount of sewing it needed for all those triangles to be sewn into that top.

patty a. said...

The top is looking great! I can relate to being so tired that a crooked picture will have to do!

Julierose said...

That quilt is really looking so pretty; I can totally understand your tiredness.
27 this morning and 2" of snow overnight...very pretty on our trees, but windy and cold...
Stay warm, hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Since you are aiming for a rectangular quilt, I prefer the current top without the second side borders (I love the playful first border strips with the triangles mixed in). As to the wide top and bottom border, I would add a 1-2" inner and then a wider outer (possibly single fabric) to anchor the whole quilt. But of course, I am here looking at a photo and not there in the studio with the real-time fabrics on the wall. Have fun playing with options!

JJM said...

Keeping so many tops going at once would tire anyone out. And knowing you are working on color-wash kits also. Whew ~ You put us al to shame. You surely need to catch your breath.

JJM

Corrine and Eric said...

I really like the second border for what it's worth.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Delightful! I really like the way you added those extra strips of triangle squares into the 1st border.

starsthatblaze said...

The gridlock top fascinates me. I have the book with the pattern, but I don’t know how my stash would work. Yours is lovely.

sewyouquilt2 said...

It looks awesome. I get the tired thing.this time of year is rough

Connie said...

Oh how I admire your skill, those tiny pieces would have drove me crazy.
Great quilt!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Magnificent effort with all those half square triangles, the result is amazing, and I do like the double border so we'll wait until your next post to hear what you decide!