Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Getting ready to quilt..............



The thread basting was finished yesterday and now the colorwash is on the sewing table for thread selection.




I think I will use a 60 wt. thread in the bobbin in a light gray or light blue.

If you are interested in the Colorwash 360 class and want to be on the waitlist for early notification  go to this link.





This is why night sewing is a challenge.  The brown on the right is the right side of the fabric, the one on the left is wrong side.  This is one of the few fabrics that looks almost as good on the back as on the right side.  I just had a 9" seam to pick out so it was ready for assembly quickly.


I cut and sewed 6 more sets of 9 patches.  There are 4 of each in 5 piles and 3 of the remaining pile.  One fabric was narrower than the rest.



'


When I went out to fill the bird feeders I noticed how big and healthy my Lenten Rose plants are.  The one in the center only had 3 leaves in the spring and the one on the left was pretty small too.  The only one that bloomed this year was the one on the right.  I hope all three will bloom next year.

 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

night sewing can be a challenge! There have been several times when a day or so later I will look at something and realized I used the back side of it. I love the color wash

Julierose said...

So true about night sewing--some fabrics you have to turn over a few times to "see" the right side--at least I've found that to be so...
Cold again and windy here 27 degrees and windchill of 23 --a good "sit and sew" day..;)))
I think the colorwash is just lovely... hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The Lenten roses look great! They should all bloom next year. Depending on the weather, they could start blooming toward the end of February.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I won a quilt in a raffle that used the "wrong" side of numerous fabrics to accomplish the values that were needed for the pattern. I constantly find new ones ones. It's a great way to get the values you need without buying new fabric. It would be hard for me to do but I can appreciate it. I'll bet you could do wonders using right and wrong sides deliberately.

Mystic Quilter said...

I don't normally go for browns but this dark one of yours - the right side - is stunning. Hope you'll post a photo when the Lenten Rose blooms, I love them.