Sunday, December 18, 2022

Baking roundup..........


Friday night I mixed the dough for one of the kinds of Kringlas that I make and yesterday morning I baked them.  I mixed the dough for the other kind yesterday afternoon and I will bake them this morning.



Last night I baked the pink Spritz cookies.  I plan on baking the chocolate ones today.  I only use Land O Lakes butter because it has the lowest water content.  Inexpensive butter has a higher water content and the cookies would flatten out and not hold their shape.  I also use cold eggs (yolks) and my dough always comes out good to use in my cookie press.


The last tray to bake was trees.











This is the best tray though, the broken or misshapen cookies.  I get to eat those right away.








A few days ago I baked the shortbread cookies.  They are a favorite of my great-grandchildren.

I hope to finish up the baking today so I can mail out a couple packages tomorrow.


 

7 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Wanda! Thanks for the tip about which butter to use. I love to bake too - I made 8 varieties this year but forgot to take pictures!
Merry Christmas!

DianeN said...

I think you should make a post or a sidebar with all the recipes you showcase in this blog. Merry Christmas, Wanda.

Julierose said...

They all look so luscious--yum--nice that you "have to" eat those broken ones hahaha;)))
No baking here, my DH having some health issues--so we will be busy with that...
Hope you can fit in some sewing time.
33 here and cold--still no sign of snow...maybe not a white Christmas here
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was going to get an electric spritz cookie maker last year and forgot about it - too late for it this year - I looked and none local so will need to order one - I can't squeeze the manual one. The cookies all look great.

Libby in TN said...

YUM!

Anne Ibach said...

I used to make spritz cookies with my mom when I was a kid. It was always hit or miss if the dough would work. Sounds like you've got it figured out! I always loved them. One of my holiday favorites.

Lori said...


Interesting about butter and water content. I am unaware of inexpensive butter. How does a person know the water content? I always buy our locally processed butter.