Friday, December 30, 2022

Another finish...............








I spent most of the day hand stitching the binding, sewing the bottom edge of the hanging sleeve and sewing on a label on this colorwash wallhanging.  It ended up about 29.5" square.


The backing has another color stripe in toward the center of the backing.  I used that same color stripe for the hanging sleeve.  This one is made of all batik, front and back.  




I worked for a while on the border for the Sunday only top but only made decisions on one of the borders.  I need to work harder on that one today.


I spent a little time looking through the Kaffe Fassett's Quilts in Wales book and this is my favorite quilt.  I'll use it as a jumping off point but probably not using many of the same fabrics.  It is square so I will be adding rows of rectangles to make it rectangular.  It is named Vintage Library.  If you do an internet search you can find the photo of the whole quilt because they are selling kits for it.

 

5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Another beautiful Color wash, and snap with the quilt from the new Kaffe book. I marked this one straight off but it won’t be in the same colourable as shown in the book. I may see if a piece of the new Persian vase will fit in the venture but need to check all measurements first.

Julierose said...

Your colorwash is so brilliant in its center--just stunning--really nice work!!
43 degrees here this morning--and nice and sunny. Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the one you finished is great and the one in the book has so many possibilities - the center would be great for a really large print or a stepping off point for someone who loves applique to have a applique center that would blend into the border of pieces as he designed.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love it - the Vintage Library is the one I keyed on when I flipped through my copy (which is not autographed likes yours). I have a big stack of KF blues/purples that I've been wanting to play with and this design will let me do just that!

JJM said...

Another stunning ColorWash ! Their beauty always takes my breath way. And the Vintage Library is a happy piece to use to create one of your own.

JJM