Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Working on trees.............


My little great-grandchildren and their parents stopped by yesterday morning.  They are growing up so fast; 8 1/2, 6, and 2 1/2.  I am giving them my Beanie Babies little by little each time I see them or when someone is traveling to their area.

I started working on my trees again last night.  The stack above these 2 has about 20 sets in it.


After cutting all of the tree parts I sewed in the small branches on all of them and now they need pressing before I can trim and sew in the center strip.





I had lime green chosen for the branches for the tree on the left and then changed my mind and went with the red-orange.  It isn't going to have much contrast in value.  The variety from block to block will be good though.
 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

They will all be so pretty together--a KF forest;))) Stay cool
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole quilt when it is done. I'm sure it was nice having visitors!

Mary said...

These are such happy fabric choices.

patty a. said...

What a treat to get a Beanie Baby! I am sure they loved holding and playing with them on their trip home. Your forest is growing!

JJM said...

Trees and more trees, each new combination always is fun to see. Beanie Babies ~ did you collect all of them ? Perfect for your great grandchildren to play with. You are a WONDERFUL GREAT GRAND MOTHER (*._.*)

JJM.

Quiltdivajulie said...

How wonderful that you had little visitors (and big ones, too). I am certain you loved every minute of their time with you. Your trees continue to be beautiful - I suspect lower contrast is likely to make for a better looking quilt.

Connie said...

You are so brave with your fabric combinations and it just works. I'm inspired :)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You are really keeping this project interesting! I'm loving each new block you post.
Ah, Beanie Babies! Our girls loved them.

Mystic Quilter said...

How nice to have a visit from great-grandchildren, I guess they live some distance from you. Seems you're using one of the KF older fabrics in the right hand tree, I have a little of that one left in my stash. Many times I wish I'd bought more of these older fabrics from years ago!