Sunday, July 31, 2022

Four added to 11......................


Four more trees sewn yesterday are added to the eleven I showed yesterday.  I need to make more really light trees now.











My new Zinfin Doll panicle Hydrangea is really looking good in its second year.  The blooms are mostly filled out now.





The blooms will turn light pink and then get darker as the season progresses.  This is the only bloom that is showing any pink so far.





It was early evening when I took this photo with the sun lighting the trees behind it.  This is the Sunflower just over the lot line by my neighbor behind me, squirrel planted I think.  It is about 3' tall.








As I head around the corner to the backyard I pass the red Weigela bush.  It always has a few surprise late blooms for most of the summer.

I loaded a quilt on the longarm yesterday.  Now I have to decide if it will be the last July finish or the first August finish.



 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

those trees look like the sun is shining behind them--so pretty!
Lovely flowerheads on that hydrangea--I hope your Sunday is a relaxing one this week...hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

The contrast of darker and lighter backgrounds mixed in with all the mediums is going to make this quilt sparkle.

Ruth said...

What are your block measurements before cutting? This is such a lovely pattern!
Thanks!

JJM said...

Lovely Sunday post today Wanda, nice array of additions to add to your Arboretum quilt top. And your garden photos always add smiles. I agree, you captured such a great photo of sunflower with the sun-lit background tree.

JJM

Cathy said...

Oh, your Tree Quilt is going to be spectacular - like a lovely walk in the woods.

I really like that kind of hydrangea. I have plain old plain old that is taking over. Better than weeds I guess.

How nice that a squirrel planted a sunflower for you. That's a nice happy little sunflower. I guess I should leave the planting to the squirrels and birds because my sunflowers have not bloomed yet. Of course the deer have been munching on most of them but I think they saved me a few.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful flower shots. The trees are becoming a forest. Nice work!

Needled Mom said...

Just playing Blogger catch-up here. I am LOVING the tree blocks. That is going to be such a fabulous quilt with the Harper blocks interspersed. Your flowers are all doing so well.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Nice aboretum progress. Love it