Sunday, July 24, 2022

Quilting finished............


I needed to finish the quilting on this little yellow zig zag quilt and get it off my sewing cabinet.  I had 2/3 left to do and finished at 10 last night.








Here is the backing of the quilt.  Photo taken with a lamp off to the side before I turned on the overhead lights.  Today I will get it trimmed and cut the binding.  Maybe I can actually get the binding sewn on today too.






There were many storms racing through northern IL yesterday but we only got one tenth of an inch of rain very early in the morning.  Areas north and south of us had flooded streets in their towns, as much as 6" of rain in one town.

I took this photo from the kitchen window when it was sprinkling for 2 minutes.  Not even enough rain to wet the driveway.  My orange tiger lilies are starting to bloom in this area now.


This is the prettiest plant in my front garden.  Much prettier than the photo shows. 

7 comments:

Mary said...

Your yard still looks nice a fresh, even though you are having a dry and hot summer.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

like Mary says your yard is nice and fresh, green - I decided to water the front yard last night seeing as they have not instated water restrictions which I thought they would by now, I let the water sprinkler cover about half the yard for about 2.5 hours it looks a little better this morning but I'm sure I could let if go for 24 hours before there would have been puddles forming it is just so dry.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The flowers in the large bed are so pretty - especially with the bird feeders. Bet the birds really love that area. We had rain predicted but it evaporated before arriving. Like so many others it is HOT and DRY here. I am so grateful for our A/C.

JJM said...

‘Little yellow’ zig-zag quilting looks nice and tailored. Looking forward to see it completed.

Your back yard gardens is a treat to see. You’ve done a great job gardening again this year.

JJM

Julierose said...

Yellow zig zag turned out really pretty!! Love that background fabric too.
No rain just hot and humid here STILL!! Talk about AC working overtime...
good day to just stay inside and stitch...stay cool hugs, Julierose

Mystic Quilter said...

Wanda, I've been enjoying following your posts but haven't commented because of the shoulder, but a note now to say I love how your Arboretum is coming along, your garden plants are so colourful, perfect for sheering our wet weather here today. A wonderful surprise to receive the gift of those amazing roses, and back to quilting, I must have missed that you were busy with a log cabin quilt, I must make another one soon.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the shot of the stitching on the back. We really need rain here.