Monday, July 18, 2022

Quilting started...........

After ditch quilting along both sides of the zig zags I quilted one light row with parallel rows of stitching.  I changed my mind about the darker rows and decided to do three passes of wavy lines. I have about 1/3 of it quilted.



I used the yellow butterfly fabric for the backing and a yellow, gold and orange variegated thread in the bobbin.





I pulled some more fabrics for the Arboretum block backgrounds.  So far I have only used Kaffe collective fabrics for the trees.





This is the one on the top left.  I can probably get several cuttings from this one with no 2 alike.

Here is a link to Kathy's blog, her post about some placemats she made that are similar to the Arboretum blocks.  I'm going to have to make some batik ones like hers.


Here is a photo of the orange tiger lily from the outside.  I showed a photo taken from the inside on a rainy day previously.  I can see it came up right next to a Hosta so if I do decide to move it I'll have to dig up both plants.



I think this is a 4 o'clock that came up from seed.  Wouldn't you know it would come up just over the lot line instead of in the place I had them last year.  I think I need to dig it up and transplant it because the house on that lot is for sale and if the lawn guy comes he will probably cut it down with the weed whacker.


I had Cosmos planted there too last year and the first to bloom is also over the lot line.  The rest of them are on my property.
 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I would dig the plant out too and plant it where you want it. Your plants look so good - we had a half inch rain last night it was so welcome - it won't do good as the next 7-10 is to hit 100 but it sure is better than nothing.
love the zigzag quilt.

Julierose said...

Love how that orange Tiger Lily stands head and shoulders above the rest;)))
"Here I am--look at me!" ;))) the deer ate my Tiger Lily overnight!! And the buds on the rest of my lilies--aaargh....

Pea soup fog here and very humid air out there...a day off from outside walking for me...I did 6 days last week...time for a rest up...
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I can see the hours of stitching it is taking for your zigzag. But oh how wonderful it looks ! Butterfly perfect for the backing also.

Fun pieces from your stash for your Arboretum blocks. And your Lilly sure got my attention immediately, don’t know if I’ve ever seen one that tall before.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

The yellows quilt looks lovely. More great fabric for those blocks. Finally got some rain here last night so hoping my garden looks better.

patty a. said...

Yes, move that plant! I see you have your own crop of Creepin' Charley. I haven't weeded for at least a month and the creepin' charley is running rampant in my yard.