Saturday, July 23, 2022

Cutting, pressing, pairing fabrics.................


I found 3 more Charley Harper fabrics that will work in the Arboretum quilt.  I pressed all of the greens I showed yesterday and cut the blocks.  Last night I paired all of them with the strips for the tree. Now I just have to get busy and sew a batch.


I mowed the back yard early last evening.  The front yard is still pretty dry so I just mowed the perimeter where the weeds were growing.

I noticed how pretty my panicle Hydrangea is.




Most of the flowers aren't fully open yet.








 A few are still totally green.








This one is the closest to fully bloomed.








The petunias have gone crazy in the pots on the porch steps.  These aren't the wave petunias either.  I have one of those in the back yard in a pot and it is barely hanging over the sides of the pot yet.







This is what they looked like on June 2.  I think there is only one plant of the yellows and the orange ones in each pot.  I guess they don't mind the sun beating down on them for 5 + hours.  I have remembered to fertilize them a couple times this summer.  

I had a plumber here yesterday morning to fix a drippy kitchen faucet.  A piece broke off while he was working on it so I had to run quickly to the hardware store for a new kitchen faucet.  He fixed a toilet while I was gone.  With the new faucet I have so much better water pressure so good-bye to the one with the lifetime warranty and free parts and welcome to one that works much better.  



 

10 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

Good morning Wanda. Those Petunia's cascading down the porch steps look magnificent! Your garden is doing so well this year, especially with the heat and lack of rain. It's 11.45am with 23c/73f at the mo, 25c/77f later, Sunday 27c/81f. At least it's cooler that earlier in the week. Hope you have a good weekend :)

Julierose said...

Boy those petunias really spread fast!! They are such lovely containers grouped together...the hydrangea is so lovely...mine hasn't even set bud yet--don't know if it will as it was really hacked back last year!! [It may be holding a grudge after that!!]
hope your weekend is cooler--we are supposed to get 90 degrees and high DP's.
Hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Laughing about the faucet - "welcome to the one that works much better"!

Your flowers are as colorful and abundant as your quilts - its easy to see the same color vision at work.

ceci

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I am jealous of your gardens and plants, especially in this heat. We were too wet... and then I was too busy to look for pot plants for the porch or front bed. So I opted to skip it this year. I did have a neighbor offer some of her garden splits... which has kept me very busy with the watering to help them through not only incredible heat, but our area is experiencing an extreme drought. It has been a hot miserable summer for man and beast, as well as flora in KY!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the potted flowers! I just never get them so pretty like that - I think I keep watering too much or under watering and they then do die before the summer is even half over. I had two ivy geraniums this summer and kind of forgot they were too much in the sun until they started to look ragged from the heat, I moved them and watered them daily for a while to perk them up but they look like they are dying now - I will trim them back more and see if it will help

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

My goodness--but those flowers sure have loved this summer on your porch steps!!! All your flowers are so pretty--enjoy them--
hugs, di

Quiltdivajulie said...

Isn't it wonderful when things WORK?! We just converted our battery-operated touchless faucet to one with an AC adapter so that we ended the frustration of low batteries making it inconsistent. It's the little things.

Jean said...

Do you dead head your petunias? Yours are so beautiful and full!

JJM said...

Wonderful post today Wanda ~ From your Charlie Harper prints to your glorious porch petunias . What a grand welcome to your visitors. And certainly for you to enjoy.

I had an extremely busy long day… couldn’t believe I didn’t have time to check on your post till bedtime today.

JJM

sewyouquilt2 said...

Beautiful flowers and nice additions to aboretum