Thursday, July 28, 2022

Productive day..........


I got 8 more trees partially sewn and cut and sewed a backing for the yellow quarter square triangle quilt.  No photos though.

All of my photos from yesterday were taken outside.

The Black Eyed Susans are finally in full bloom.  There are fewer plants but I expect these 3 plants to expand as summer goes on.  They usually get a little taller too.


There are more buds to open and they usually bloom all the way through September.






The Sunflower just over the lot line is starting to bloom.  It is about 3' tall.







This is what my double Impatiens in the hanging pots look like.  Something is eating them and stripping the stems bare.  I replaced one of them with the red Petunias that I had over by the tomato plants.



I replaced a second one with a Begonia that I had on my red pavers in the front garden.  Now I just need to replace the last one.  I probably could have split this pot of Begonias into 2 and I might still do that.








Inside the Roses are dying.  They are even pretty at this stage.







The petals peeled back on this one so we can see the center. I'm wondering if they will drop their petals or just dry up on the stems.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely Black Eyed Susans--I've always loved those--so cheery...Your sunflower is almost opened...
Hot and very humid again here today--it'll be an early outside walk for us...
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I don't have any black eyes Susans. I was kind of against planting them since everyone in Akron seems to have them. Well, now I know why - the deer don't eat them! I may have to plant a few.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Our dark eyed Susans are blooming well this summer. And we have had something stripping the leaves on our zinnias - the plants are blooming but the leaves are full of holes. p.s. I do love the look of the aging faded roses - so many petals on these!

JJM said...

Lovely garden tour ~ including your roses inside… and for them to open up plus hang onto all their petals this long is very unique.

JJM

Danice G said...

You really have been busy. I also love sunflowers.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm pleased to see that other folk like the look of flowers in the stages of decay, colour changes and the crinkly edges are beautiful to me, your roses are a beautiful example of this process. Your impatiens are well and truly being devoured, never seen the stems being stripped like this before.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my goodness blogger is sure messed up again - about 6 of your post just showed up in my Feedly reader just now - I knew I had missed some but I didn't realize it was 6 - I love all those flowers