Sunday, July 10, 2022

Playing in the stash...........


I didn't have much green in my Kaffe scrap boxes so it was time to go to the yardage stash.  I keep my Kaffe fabrics in numerical order but my Brandon Mably fabrics are sorted by color.



Here are the three I chose from that stack to use for the Arboretum blocks.






The shelf above those is the Martha Negley stash.  I pulled this one as a possibility because I want some light greens.




From the newer Kaffe fabrics I chose these two.







I pulled these two Philip Jacobs fabrics.

I didn't get any of them cut yet.  I spent all morning yesterday baking for my granddaughter, mom of the new preemie baby. 

Also it was beautiful comfortable weather yesterday so I spent some time pulling weeds, cutting volunteer trees and bushes, and cleaning up the area between my garage and the sidewalk.  It is about 10" wide and still had lots of dead leaves trapped behind those volunteers that I cut down.  I have some more to do there.  There is only so much bending down I can do in one day.

9 comments:

Sally Langston Warren said...

Well, we know you are serious about these Arboretum blocks if you are cutting into your Kaffe fabrics…..what beautiful pieces you have pulled!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we will have our one and only cooler day today so I will be outside until mid afternoon I hope - then back to 95-100 again - I will take the one welcomed day and enjoy the outside. Beautiful fabrics

Quiltdivajulie said...

Temps down here today - back up again tomorrow. So nice to be outside this morning. Beautiful green fabrics!

JJM said...

Those greens are so refreshing and will make beautiful Arboretum blocks. Your stash is unbelievable, always finding the perfect pieces for your latest quilt top.

On my walk yesterday, I spotted a branch hanging from a tree exactly like one of your arboretum blocks. (*._.*)

JJM

Julierose said...

what a lovely array of greens--love those "blue-ey" ones...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Weeding is tough on bending. I am doing PT for my lower back right now, so the weeds are tough to keep up with. I love your shopping trip in your stash. I looked the quilt up and it looks like fun.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your fabrics. I pulled and cut a few blocks to play. Oh boy. Another project. Love the bright cheering of it

patty a. said...

Those are some beautiful green fabrics! I hope the baby is doing well. Weeding is hard work and I need to put in a few hours myself. I had the yard looking so nice when I was home with covid, but it now needs some attention. There are weeds popping up and some wild grass taking hold. Yikes!

Cathy said...

Oh my, I hear you (and commiserate) about the bending down for yardwork. I wish our heat would abate for a couple days, but here in the Salt Lake Valley it’s expected to get into the 100’s all week. It’s either dawn to nine am for garden work, or it doesn’t get done.

You have the most beautiful and varied stash! Great green picks; they are a feast for these green-starved eyes!