Friday, July 8, 2022

Some cutting...........


I went through another box of larger scraps of Kaffe collective fabrics and found a few more that might work for the tree blocks I showed yesterday.  I'm not sure about the 2 dark ones. Next I need to cut more greens.  I also cut more colors of the Aboriginal Dot print that is the branch fabric.

Someone inquired about how to find my very first post on my blog.  On the right sidebar of my blog there is an Blog Archive section below my label list.  There you can click on the arrow before any year and then on the arrow before any month you care to view.  If you click on the arrow in front of July in 2007, then scroll down to the bottom of the list to see the first post.  When you are done reading that post, there is a link at the bottom left for newer post.  If you want to keep reading in sequence just click on that at the bottom of each post. 

You may not see my sidebar if you view my blog on a smartphone or ipad.  On a smartphone if you scroll all the way to the bottom of my post there is a link - View web version.  That way you will see my whole blog page.  I'm not sure about an ipad but I would imagine maybe it is the same.

Also another reminder here, check the URL bar of your blog.  If is says not secure instead of having a padlock, in Blogger you can go to the settings and move the switch to the right for HTTPS direct.  If you have not secure on your URL you are still using HTTP which is not secure any more.  

7 comments:

Sally Langston Warren said...

These are beautiful fabrics to use for the tree blocks. I went to the other blog to see what they were like. Very nice! I am tempted to try them too, They remind me of Lynn Dykstra’s solids with prints series. I am working on several different blocks of hers so think I will just sit back and watch you play with the trees. Also, I use an iPad and I see your side bar etc….whole thing you would see on a regular computer (not like a phone).

Quiltdivajulie said...

Excellent idea to use the aboriginal dots as the consistent for the trees. Having fun watching your Arboretum process/progress.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the URL reminder. I checked mine, and the redirect had been turned off. Not sure why, but I turned it back on.

JJM said...

Thanks Wanda ~ I went back and looked at your very first posts, you were ahead of your time even 15 years ago. I’ll continue to check them out till I see when I first began to leave comments. And will continue on, there are so many wonderful post from the past to keep entertained for weeks.

Happy to see some pieces headed toward the tree design.

JJM

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Thanks--I checked and I do have the padlock--didn't realize/know anything about this--
have a great week end-
hugs, di

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly have a plethora of wondrous choices. Have fun sorting through.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a lot of posts to go over to start at the beginning. I have tried doing that on my blog and while it was interesting, I didn't have enough time because there are so many posts. 2007! Those are beautiful fabrics!