Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The next 2 blocks.............


I cut my blocks 2 stacked so the cuts are identical but I flipped the pieces in the gold one top to bottom so they will look different when they are sewn.





Now I have cut the tree pieces and lay them in the spaces  and I'm ready to sew.  I have these 2 sewn but not pressed so I'll wait until tomorrow to show them up on the wall with the rest of the blocks.



In the section of the backyard garden behind the Peonies the Sneezeweed and Purple Coneflowers plant themselves.  I have more Coneflowers in this area than I have ever had.  All of these are at least 3 feet tall, some as tall as 4 feet.






I'm standing behind the flowers near my lot line and looking back toward my house to the corner where my tomato plants are growing.  These flowers make me happy.


 

9 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your blocks and the flowers. I bit the bullet and started this quilt.will post Fri once I sew up branches

Libby in TN said...

Thanks for showing your process. I really couldn't think of an easier way to do it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

My coneflowers this year are like a mini forest. Wish the rabbits did not hide in them. I keep fencing off areas against them due to their prolific destruction. Up to 3- 25" rolls of green poultry netting used this year so far.

patty a. said...

Your coneflowers are beautiful! I had two clumps come up this year that are taller and fuller than ever, but two other clumps that never came up. They are all in the same flower bed so it is a mystery as to what happened.

Julierose said...

These two Aboretum blocks will be a lovely addition to your mix!
I love purple coneflowers--so pretty hugs, Julierose

JustGail said...

My coneflowers spread from a few plants too. I don't mind at all, as it's that much less I have to plant in that bed. I toss some seed heads in the road ditch by our mail box every year, but haven't seen anything come of that yet, but I'll keep trying. I did see a butterfly weed came up in the fence line between ours and the neighbor's yard.

I think I'm going to like this quilt. I like that the red/green doesn't scream Christmas. Must be the orange-y colors that keep it from wandering that direction?

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love seeing your work-in-process. I watched a video of someone making those blocks. Once again, a wonderful show of all your plants in bloom - do you ever have to water them or leave it to nature? Most of my garden is peat with some soil for the bigger plants. I usually water every 2 or 3 days but with the heat we have now it has to be most nights. It's 24c/75f at the moment - no wind. So blinds down, doors closed, fan on keeping me cool(er). Knitting is all I want to do at the moment :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those flowers would make me happy, too. What I am happiest about in the moment is the small bit of rain (.12" so far) we got overnight and into this morning with gray skies and cooler temps included.

JJM said...

I’m so enjoying your tree blocks, and am looking forward to seeing them up on your design wall.

Cone flowers so tall and pretty.

JJM