Thursday, July 21, 2022

Don't you love a surprise?..........


I didn't recognize the address on this box that arrived yesterday.





I cut the straps and picked up the contents of the box and looked down in it from the top.







I followed all of the directions on the wrapper and here is the result.  Aren't they beautiful?  And scented too.









And of course, a close up.








Here is the info on the wrapper.  They are calling these garden roses on the enclosed care card.




A friend brought me some fresh picked blackberries so that meant ice cream last night.  Since I was already weighed at my 2 dr. appointments I can now have dessert again.



I sewed 2 blocks last night but didn't turn on the iron so they aren't trimmed yet.

I baked 2 batches of cookies yesterday, one early in the morning and the other late in the evening.  Little hands coming to visit this weekend will be holding the cookies.












 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what pretty flowers and dessert! I continue to love all the variety of colors of those tree blocks

Julierose said...

Beautiful roses!! Such a subtle coloration in them...
Hugs, Julierose

JustGail said...

The roses are gorgeous! Given the weather they were shipped in, it's amazing they look so good.
I like the blocks where you've put a branch where the colors change on these fabrics.

JJM said...

What a happy summer surprise ! Your garden roses have a light and delicate color like a page out of the Victorian magazine . They are so beautiful .

Delicious black berry sunday ~. And more fun tree blocks to add to your piece.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such gorgeous delicate tones on the roses! Surprises, the nice ones, are always a treat.

Anne Ibach said...

The roses are so beautiful! I've received flowers shipped that way a few times and they've lasted for weeks! I hope you get long enjoyment from your roses.

Cindy said...

Your roses are beautiful!!! What a lovely surprise! And the blackberries look so good! Makes me want a blackberry cobbler!!!!

Maria said...

Such a beautiful surprise!
Those blackberries and ice cream look delicious 😋
How nice to have little ones visit.