Sunday, July 17, 2022

More Charley Harper...........


I chose 5 more Charley Harper fabrics to nest between tree blocks.  There is a squirrel and some raccoons to add since they like trees too.  I also cut duplicates of the pieces I showed yesterday so I'll have enough to play with when I make more Arboretum blocks. 


My Saturday night sewing ended up being log cabin blocks.  I have 4 completed and 4 needing their last strip.  That will make 24 blocks total.  Still a long way to go for enough for a quilt since the logs finish at 1".



The Moss Roses are starting to expand now.  They really liked the rain.






The ones on the side are playing catch up with the others.  The Sedum plants next to them are setting their buds now.





Also in this front garden the Hostas are starting to bloom.  Some have pretty blooms, some hardly there at all.  I see I have 2 weeds to pull there too.















The Zinfin Doll Hydrangea blooms are starting to open.  It was in full bloom when I bought it last year in June.  I wonder if it blooms earlier when it is in a pot than it does when in the ground.  Maybe the growers forced the blooms so the bushes would be attractive and sell well.  I'm just happy to see my first year pruning must have been done correctly.

 

10 comments:

julieQ said...

Moss roses are one of my favorites!

Julierose said...

Neat CH prints;))) Your hydrangea is so pretty...the deer ate all my lily buds except for a couple mauve ones yet to open...sigh...every year...
It's overcast today and muggy again--no rain in sight...I think last evening we got two little sprinkles...we are in water conservation mode here now. We do anyway, but it shows how bad our drought conditions are...Getting ready to do that rain dance;))) hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wet dirt ... a distant memory from springtime when the rains were plentiful. The greens look so fresh (or refreshed). I love that you found such a good use for those CH prints.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The garden has filled in amazingly. I think fertilizer with the hydrangeas for blooms is real important. Also lots of water. We are in a drought here, hopefully some rain tomorrow. Love the Charley Harper prints, especially the way you fussy cut them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like your plants are doing well glad it is not so dry there for you. I love the Charley Harper prints

pbj fiber marietta said...

Love Charley Harper designs and your idea of incorporating his fabric into your arboretum quilt (which, by the way, I LOVE!). Glad you got a good rain for your beautiful garden.

mcs said...

I love the idea of adding in the Charley Harper fabric. But it looks like you have the bat fabric the wrong way around.

JJM said...

So much fun to see more birds plus squirrel and raccoon prints, to be added to your forest of arboretum blocks. This is already another of my favorites you’ve creating.

Always fun got see yopur growing gardens. Great Sundfay post !

JJM

P.s. I think MCS sees bats instead of raccoons. Enlarged photo and you can definitely see the raccoon tails.

Penny Schine Gold said...

Such a great idea to put some Charley Harper fabric in with the tree blocks!

Anne Ibach said...

I think that white hydrangea might be the same one I posted on my blog last night. It's not common here.