Monday, July 26, 2021

Sewn!...............


I finished the last seam at 10:20 last night.  It was too late to turn on the iron so I hope to get it pressed some time today.





Before I sewed it together I tried a couple fabrics for a border.  I was trying to get an idea of how dark or light and how busy the print should be.








It's hard to see the pattern in this dark one from a distance so.....










I took a close up shot of it.  I'm only looking at fabrics I have at least 2 yards of so I can cut the borders lengthwise. Actually I need 2 yards + 1".  I will look for some more candidates today.



Earlier in the summer I didn't see any signs of my Speedwell/Veronica plant but here it is and this year it is propped up by the Hosta which just about doubled in size since last year.

It isn't too late to sign up on on my email list if you want a 24 hour head start on viewing and purchasing at my POP-UP SHOP which will open later this week.  The form to fill in for the email list is on the right side bar. If you have already signed up you don't need to sign up again.  If you have changed your email address since you signed up you will want to sign up again.  We will only ship to US addresses again this time.  If you are reading on your phone you don't see my sidebar so here is a link to the email sign up form. 

7 comments:

patty a. said...

You could use just about anything for the border and it would look great!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt looks terrific. You will find a great border in your stash. Glad things are growing well in your garden. I found I have a mega destructive bunny that is consuming mass quantities of perennials.

Julierose said...

You got a lot of sewing done during that heat--it's looking so good...
Humid here today and hot 74 already !!
Hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Between these two border pieces, I lean toward the orange, it makes the bright blocks pop. But you didn’t ask for an opinion and I know you will select the perfect border.

Still HOT and with heavy thick smoke clogging our valley…

JJM

Anne Ibach said...

That quilt top is so gorgeous all crumpled up!!! It's really wonderful to see a more close up look at those fabrics and how they work with each other. Another gorgeous one Wanda!!!

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful, Wanda. Looking forward to seeing your border choice.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I've enjoyed seeing your progress with these blocks! I will check back later to see what you decided on!