Friday, July 16, 2021

Playing around............


While my daughter and I were Zoom-ing yesterday morning she asked me what the light blocks would look like with the Sharks teeth fabric as sashing so I tried it and liked it.  I have it set up with about 1.25" showing here where yesterday with the dark blocks I have 2" showing.  My plan at this point is to use the navy and white print with the dark blocks and the black and white print with the light blocks.  I think maybe I will use the narrower sashing on the light blocks as shown.  I will think about the width options for a few days before I jump into it though.


I have been working in the background for over a month on items for another pop-up shop planned for the end of this month.  If you haven't previously signed up for my email list on the right sidebar you might want to consider it now.  Email subscribers get a 24 hour advance chance to purchase items before it is open to the public.

 

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great to have a sharp daughter! Narrow sashing looks great. Working in the background amidst sewing and gardening? You are a woman of great depth and ability! Have fun.

Linda R said...

What about having a “square” of black (where the square of white is now) in between the sashing …or do you think that would be too (busy)?
Love the black and white against the bright colours.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the sashing looks great

Pam said...

Narrow sashing is great.

JJM said...

‘Sharks teeth’ is a good name for the sashing fabric, good and strong in more ways than one. Adding the pizazz (as I mentioned before) to your economy blocks. And another ‘Pop Up Shop’ in the works, you are one in a million Wanda !

JJM

Cathi said...

I like the sharks teeth sashing with the blocks. I love seeing what you do with Fassett fabrics!

Anne said...


Every time I see one of your quilts in progress I see a KFC fabric that I would LOVE to see back in production. In this one it's the black and white script in the upper left. What a great fabric. There is something similar coming out in the next collection, which will be fantastic!