Sunday, July 4, 2021

Garden..........


 I mowed my grass Friday in 2 sessions and yesterday I didn't feel like doing anything.

My blackberry lilies are blooming.





I have Lemon Lilies in 2 places, just one bloom a day usually,







This one is over by the Blackberry Lilies in the shade.







I dug a few Balloon Flowers out of the front garden almost a month ago and they have been sitting in a pail with a little water in the back garden.  One decided to bloom. I had heard they don't like to be transplanted but I think this one is going to make it.  I need to get them in the ground soon.


The only thing I actually accomplished yesterday was to dig up one side of a large hosta in the backyard and pull off a couple new sections from it.  I got this one planted in the front garden.  It's getting hot and humid for a few days so I don't know how much planting I will get done.


The buds on the Hydrangea behind it are starting to open.  I hope some pink appears on them soon.







2 comments:

Julierose said...

Pretty hydrangea...mine won't bloom for a bit yet and doesn't turn "pinky" until the florets have been fully out for a while...
Hope your weather clears up. We are still cloudy and coolish...only 55 this morning...hugs, julierose

Elaine Adair said...

wow - despite the heat and your other talents, you managed to work in your lovely garden areas. My meager gardening yesterday (pulling weeds) resulted in a body full of itchy bites, now covered with anti-itch salve. 8-((( shoulda worn a big shirt. Thanks for all the photos, and always, your stunning quilts.