Thursday, July 15, 2021

Sashing?.............


Somewhere on the internet I saw the Brandon Mably Sharks teeth print used as a sashing and thought it was quite attractive.  I think it might solve my dilemma on the current project.  This is the original one with navy blue teeth.  This year there is a new one with black and white.  I think the navy works fine with all of the bright colors.


I was getting ready to go out and dig a Hosta for my pots when it rained yesterday afternoon, less than a quarter inch.  I waited until 8 p.m. to do it instead.  I thought this hosta would break into 2 pieces, one for each pot but it had 3 small plants I could pull off of it and I ended up putting the big section in one pot.  I replanted the next biggest piece in the original location and planted the 2 smaller piece in pots.


I went back out to find a Hosta for the other pot.  I chose this tall one but I'm not sure if I like it.  I have plenty more in the back garden to choose from and this one could go back into the ground.  There is rain expected for 2 days so I have time to think on it.


 

13 comments:

patty a. said...

The sharks teeth fabric does make great sashing with your blocks! I saw eQuilter had Onion Rings Sateen backing on sale, but it was still $21.38 a yard.
It is great you have such a selection of plants to put in your new front yard. I can't imagine having to buy plants to fill it up.

Linda R said...

Love the sharks tooth . Looks perfect. Your garden is really filling in nicely.

Linda Swanekamp said...

What great sashing! Looks wondeful with those blocks. We have had some torrential thunderstorms, so the garden is a bit soggy. Glad you can get some planting done.

Lesley Gilbert said...

The sharks teeth is excellent sashing - something different from all the floral, so you have my approval haha. It's great to see all your soil finally filling up with lots of plants; you'll have a great display next year once they've had a chance to root in their new home. Like you, we've also had a mixture of nice weather, not too hot with drizzle in between, enough to freshen the plants :)

cityquilter grace said...

love your economy blocks...you have inspired me to tackle my pile of kaffe scraps!

MissPat said...

The shark's teeth sashing does help toseparate the economy blocks and let each combination shine. I agree on the too tall hosta in the pot. Better to have one without "legs".
Pat

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the sharks teeth sashing!!! I moved four plants this morning since we are supposed to have rain for the next few days (or at least overcast with no hot sun).

Anne Ibach said...

I love the sharks teeth! I was so excited to see it in black and white and already have a few yards in my stash.

I like your blocks with teh sashing, but it does reduce the way the blocks play with one another.

Nancy J said...

I like symmetry, keep the tall hosta in the pot and match up one the other side, that makes a grand statement in your lovely new garden. Just my thoughts, I don't have anything matching up in our garden, all a jumble, but it works OK down here.

JJM said...

From your thoughts of using this fabric to the reality of using it with your economy blocks is fantastic. It frames your blocks with pizazz !
Just love it. And speaking of which, your master gardening is glowing.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

The Sharks Teeth sashing is perfect and I like the navy rather than the black version and the wavy lines add great movement.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That sashing looks perfect to me! Isn't it funny how one more wild fabric will pull the whole thing together!

Vicki W said...

Love that fabric for sashing!