Friday, July 2, 2021

Economy block playing...........


I cut some more of the large triangles and pieced some more Economy blocks.  I put them up on the design wall in a straight setting.








I tried the offset layout but I think all of the large triangles would have to be one value to work well, like all light or all dark.  I am not sure this quilt is working well and maybe the blocks will be used as a border or something else.  Meanwhile I need to get out today and mow the grass while it is only around 70 degrees and low humidity.





Speaking of grass, my new grass areas are growing nicely.  I think I probably need to get out there and water it since no more rain is predicted until around Tuesday.




Coneflowers are starting to bloom all over the back gardens.  






There are 3 plants near each other in this area.  They have gotten really tall this year.








 

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I like the first pic of these blocks..... What size are they.... Be interested to see what you decide to do with the blocks......

Ruth said...

I love those blocks! Perfect way to use scraps - or any fabrics which I'm trying to do these days. I have 3 tops in progress using left over fabrics including 54 strip blocks and working on a wonky stars top. Can't wait to get busy on those when we get home from a month long trip - I did bring my featherweight along and got some work done with it.

Julierose said...

I like that straight setting a lot. I am still hip-deep in stash re-org and scrap sorting...taking a bit of a rest from my machining...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love economy blocks - and I like the straight set in the first photo with the varying secondary pattern appearing and disappearing depending on how I look at the photo (I like that it is not entirely predictable).

JJM said...

These are nice big blocks to see, and both settings are appealing . What ever you decide to do with them will be fun to see.

JJM

Charlotta said...

I haven’t been commenting a lot lately, but I LOVE everything you’re doing right now. The finished jilt is glorious, and the spring stars are just amazing. I’ve scrutinized it up close and love all the different neutrals in the background. I know it would be hard for me to stick to a medium spring palette like that, I tend to want to go full saturated, but it’s very lovely and just right for that quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

I have never made an economy block quilt but always felt I'd like to do so, your post here has me thinking I might begin one soon. Goodness knows I have enough in my three large scrap boxes to keep me occupied.