Wednesday, July 28, 2021

No decision on border yet...............


I have the Economy block quilt top on a design wall in the basement and I went down and looked at the border choices a few times and I like them both so the decision is hard.  I decided to go ahead and work on something else while I think about it.  Several months ago I went through all of the 2.5" Kaffe collective strips that I cut many years ago and pulled a lot of the low volume strips.  I was planning on making a 16 patch baby quilt with them so I paired the strips and started sewing last night.


Maybe you can see on this close up that the edges have a lot of raveling on them so it is time to get them sewn.  I think I have enough paired for 30 blocks which will make a 40" x 48" quilt.


If you are on my email list you should be getting an email sometime today about the 24 hour head start on viewing and purchasing at my POP-UP SHOP.  In it there will be some hints and photos of what will be included.  It also includes a link to a video that shows you how to navigate the shop using one of our previous shops as an example.  Some of our email providers are putting good emails in our junk/spam folders so if you don't see it, check that folder in your email program.

The shop will open tomorrow, Thursday July 29 at noon EDT (and will close on Monday August 2 at noon EDT).  Also tomorrow you will get an email at noon EDT with your password to get into the shop.  Again if you don't see the email, check your junk/spam folder.  

We will only ship to US addresses again this time.

The form to fill in for the email list is on the right side bar. If you have already signed up you don't need to sign up again.  If you have changed your email address since you signed up you will want to sign up again. If you are reading on your phone you don't see my sidebar so here is a link to the email sign up form. 

6 comments:

patty a. said...

Those fabrics will make cute 16 patch blocks.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Eager to see the results of all your pop-up shop preparations. A KF 16-patch is on my list for one of these days. Love those softer prints.

Donna T. said...

Wanda, I don't think I've ever seen Kaffe collection and low volume prints in the same sentence! haha But I know what you mean.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your "palate cleanser" 16-Patch project and best of luck in the POP-UP Shop, Wanda!!

Cathi said...

Those fabrics are going to make a beautiful baby quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

Although I fall for the richness of colour with KFC fabrics I also like his softer colourways and have a few but not many. Have you seen the February 2022 release of his range on FreeSpirit fabric site - there a a few beautiful softer colour fabrics. A 16 patch is also on my list!