Saturday, July 24, 2021

Final layout?...............


I thought this was the final layout when I took the photo and then I changed the first and third in the bottom row with each other.  I think I'm going to have to look at this for a couple days before I sew it together.





Here is an update on the back garden. The 2 black eyed Susans are blooming and the Tiger Lilies are just opening.









I should have remembered from last year's hot dry summer that I need to water the Tiger Lilies.  They are starting to dry from the bottom already and are leaning instead of standing up tall.  I did water them a couple times but they need more evidently.


The coneflowers are doing fine though.  They need very little care.









This group to the left of those is deeper colored.







And then there is this one.  Actually several of the flowers on this plant have this strange growth on their crown.






It was still hot and sticky at 8 p.m. but I went out and dug up this Hosta from the back garden and put it in a pot on this side of the porch.  Now I was done for the day.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can see why you would move the first row down. I am glad you can slow down and give it a few days before you sew it together as it beats ripping. Garden looks great. Still cooler here and I enjoy being outside.

Juliequilt said...

With regard to the cone flower, it is actually sprouting. Because the humidity has been high in your area, the cone didn't dry up and open releasing the seeds, so they sprouted. (According to my son, a native plant gardener).

JJM said...

I can just imagine how pleasing it will look, switching your first and third block with each other,

Always nice to have a garden tour again.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Good to see the full layout, the sashing is really working a treat with the colourful blocks. I shall be interested to see if you make changes.

Christine said...

I wondered if you could call it a new toy.... you can play for hours. lol
Loving all the designs. Really cheerful quilt.

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Thank you for using this wonderful fabric for sashing, I'm going to buy a couple yards for the same purpose. Helpful comment about the coneflower, I've seen some strange flowers this year also.