Sunday, July 18, 2021

Little flowers........................


3 Pentas, 2 pale pink, 1 deep pink.  I think I can take this one in over the winter as a houseplant.






Half price Vincas.  I thought they were striped but now I see they are just 2 toned, center and petals.






Mini-zinnias in small pots by the mailbox post.







I thought all of my black eyed Susans had disappeared but there are 2 plants that survived.  They have been in this spot for about 8 years.





And...the star of the back gardens, the first orange Tiger Lily.  The others are all in the shade so they have another week maybe before they will bloom.

4 comments:

MissPat said...

I'm afraid to go out and look at my plants. We had 3.3" of rain yesterday, steady all day, sometimes monsoon-like. At least the weeds will be easy to pull out.
Pat

Linda Swanekamp said...

Had over 4" of rain yesterday, so things are bedraggled for sure. Have to go out and survey the damage. I need to find some zinnias quick. Beautiful Tiger Lily.

patty a. said...

Your flowers are so pretty. It finally quilt raining Early in the morning on Sunday. Saturday I found water that had seeped up thru the slab into my sewing room. It wasn't a lot, but I don't remember having standing water on the floor because of rain. Thank goodness we are getting a few days to dry out. My roadside day lilies are not looking good because of all the rain. They are yellowing and the usually stiff flower stalks are like mush. Too bad we couldn't send some of our rain out West.

Mystic Quilter said...

Tiger Lilies are such a beautiful rich orange, am I correct in thinking these don't have a scent?