Monday, July 12, 2021

30 blocks................


I have 5 more blocks to make and they definitely need to have light outside triangles.  The bottom half gets less light at night when I'm taking a photo so it isn't quite as dismal as it looks here.  There are a few questionable blocks and maybe they would be better on the back.

We got 3/4" of rain in 2 days, nice gentle rain so I think all of my plants and bushes are happy.  I spread 2 more bags of mulch yesterday but that was the extent of my outside work.  I have 4 plants to put on the other side of the porch by the Annabelle hydrangea so that might get done in the next couple days.

 

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Blocks are playing well together. Glad you got more outside work done. We have had a lot of rain lately after so little. My outdoors art show yesterday was rained on all day and by the end, I was pretty miserable, wet, and disappointed. Raining this morning. Have to cleam up all the stuff from the show later.

Julierose said...

Your blocks are playing so well together! We are in a dense fog this morning with thunderstorms on the horizon...so muggy!! Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to get three more bags of mulch and then I will be done with mine, I hope all your new plants settle in fine and you will have no replanting to do

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is going to be such a wonderful quilt for gazing at all the colors and combinations . . .

patty a. said...

The blocks are pretty and I can picture that some lighter triangles would liven it up. Sunday we got 2.1" of rain. It poured at times and I can't imagine how long it is going to take for my backyard to dry out enough so I can mow it.

JJM said...

Economy Block explosion ! Another creative fabric and pattern design that’s takes your breath away.

Oh how we need rain also. Another forest fire erupted yesterday, these Smokey Summers are so wicked.

JJM

Ann said...

Economy blocks work well. I can see you need more light outer triangles from your photo. Aren't we fortunate to have digital cameras and phones!

Vicki W said...

I've been pondering starting a one block random scrappy quilt. These blocks look great together!