Friday, May 29, 2009

Two blocks........
is all I accomplished in the studio. I had a migraine most of the day yesterday. I worked on my supply list for the double 4 patch class once my head cleared and made 2 sample blocks. I offered to meet anyone who needs help with fabric choices so I wanted to be able to show them the 2 blocks needed for the quilt.

Today I am teaching the second class for "Candy is Dandy" that we had to postpone last week. I need to check to see that my dad's phone got hooked up before the class starts. Then we have to call the phone company and have my dad tell them that I am authorized to make decisions on his account. There are so many details to take care of.

Two days ago Wendy asked what kind of batting I use in my table runners. I use Hobbs Heirloom cotton batting and they are nice and flat.

Also I was asked what size the quilt top in yesterday's post is. Right now it is about 36" x 37".


12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh, I wish I lived near you to take a class. But your blog is the next best thing. The flowers are so pretty. And your finished top is very pretty. So full of color.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that fabric!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jean said...

Pretty blocks. Hope your class goes well today. When is the 4 patch class?

Julie Bagamary said...

Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the class. The quilt top from yesterday is nice!

Wanda said...

I hope your headaches go away soon. There's been so much going on and it continues. I wish you could take a little "get a way". Getting back to work is good BUT....don't push too hard, Wanda. You have to take care of YOU before you can take care of everything else. Don't mean to preach or anything...I'm just concerned!

Elsie Montgomery said...

These are really pretty blocks - just want to touch them.

Wish I could give you a hug too. I know what you are going through with the details for your dad. May you be blessed with grace and strength, even joy, as together you adjust to all the changes and decisions.

ilovebabyquilts said...

I love these! So melty.

Cathi said...

Love the effect of those double 4-patch blocks in those fabrics! I had a migraine yesterday too, caused by weather.
Try to make sure you take time for yourself -- dealing with all those details can be utterly and totally exhausting.

Beena said...

Gorgeous blocks. I love the way the fabrics blend and contrast. Like they were meant for each other!

I have a lot of days where I'd be happy if all I got done was two blocks. I can sympathize with you on the migraines...I have trigeminal neuralgia that leaves me with debilitating pain from the top of my head to under my shoulder blades on my right side. Almost everyday. I hate how much it detracts from all I want to do. On a lighter note, it always makes me think of a line from the movie Top Gun: "Your mind is writing checks that your body can't cash..." (laughing) That's exactly how it is!

Millie said...

I wish I could take a class from you too! Those 4 patches gives a nice effect and I love the marble batiks you are working with. Hope the migraine is something of the past.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I hope your Dad is doing well. It is so hard on the survivor being alone after years of married life. My mother is still lonely and there is no way to fill that type of loneliness for her. She does well and we are all there for her...but we can not fill the void she feels without Dad. I know how hard that must be for you too.

Love the colors in your two blocks....could it be the peonies?

Anonymous said...

This is WENDY -thank you, Wanda, for the batting answer.