Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Piles of strips and more borders.........
This is the pile of the clean up cuts from cutting all of the batik fabrics in the past week. It gave me a good variety to work with for my "challenge quilt" borders.
Here is a shot of my happy wall before I cleared it off to put the new piece up.
I had a lot of strips sets already sewn, check out this post, so I just sliced some of them and made the next border. But wait, I was only going to add one border a day. It was so much fun I added 3 borders last night. It measures about 20" x 21" right now. I could probably have fooled you and told you it was king size because cropped pictures are deceiving.

Then I decided to audition for the next border. I think it will be a red, but maybe a little darker than this one. I forgot to go out and check on the funny looking Jack in the Pulpit when I got home yesterday. After I teach a private computer lesson this morning, I'll go out and take some more pictures.

16 comments:

Rebel said...

I vote pink/coral for your next border... but you know, consider the source. ;) It's looking great btw... crazy, but great.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love that reddish border! thats the ZING! woo hoo!

Vicki W said...

Oh, wow! It's looking great!

Anonymous said...

You had a real treasure trove of scraps to work with. I love what you're doing with that pile.

Anonymous said...

I like !!! Wig.

Beena said...

Yup! Love that red!

There's a bit of an interesting 3-D optical effect going on here. The center block looks as if it is receding way back in the distance because the size of the strips are gradually increasing in size as you work out to the edges! I feel like I'm looking down a long colorful hallway!

M. Regina said...

Fantastic. I love your quilts, with a lot of colours. Very pretty. Hugs from Brazil

Jackie Russell said...

I love stopping by and seeing all that you accomplish.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I could spend more time on my own creations or watch yours....hummmm...guess I watch yours. Nice.

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea! Great.

Anonymous said...

I can see why you can not stay away from this piece, to see all your scraps grow into such a glorious piece is fun for all of to watch.

J~MT

Cathi said...

This is fabulous to watch! I love the idea of the red border for it.

Vicky F said...

Now you have that mirror in a mirror in a mirror thing going.
I vote a deeper red, too.
Looking good!
Vicky F

Unknown said...

You are just cooking with those wonderful batik strips! I love the red border. It just makes it pop!

meggie said...

What lovely unruly riot of colour!!

Millie said...

What a lovely quilt. A pink or red border will work, I think. But the red border makes the quilt pop!