Friday, May 15, 2009

No borders yesterday........
The day started out with running errands for my parents. Then I finished the quilting on this little quilt that you have seen before. I took the picture with the late afternoon light coming in the west window.
Here is the back. Then I went out and dug up some excess plants. My granddaughter picked me up at noon and we got Subway sandwiches and went to her duplex and planted the perennials.
I have a class today so I had to do some cutting for a kit for one of the ladies and sew some strips so I can demonstrate how they will be cut to make the blocks.
Here is a picture (scroll down past the Christmas things) of the quilt they will be making. It is a 2 part class so they have time to do some sewing between classes.
Then I will have an hour break before I take my mother back to the chiropractor. We were there Wed. and he thinks she may have another compression fracture, which means 3 times a week for a couple weeks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really pretty, Wanda.

Cathi said...

The quilt you're teaching about looks fabulous!
The little quilt makes me think of stained glass. Very pretty.

Eva said...

What a great photo, the quilt in modelling light!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Wonderful! Love how the light is just right to feature your quilting.

I am sorry to hear about your Mother.
It is difficult with aging parents but so nice that you are there for them the way you are.

laura said...

Oh Wanda- can I be you when I grow up? I want a stash like yours, an eye like yours and a garden like yours!
So beautiful, so wonderful...

Unknown said...

I really like the quilting simple but just perfect. Sometimes that is all you need. The strip sets are looking fabulous. I hope all goes well with your mom!

Jean said...

Sounds like a busy day. I didn't realize you were still doing classes. Have fun!

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
I like the "candy is dandy" quilt you will be teaching. It's one of those that looks complex (to the non-quilter) yet to us quilty types, it looks to be fairly straightforward.

Hope your mom does well with the Dr. visits and isn't in too much pain.
Vicky F

Anonymous said...

I agree with those above about the light showing the texture of the quilting. The quilting is the 'frosting on the cake'.

The kit you cut for class looks so fresh and pretty. It is going to be a lovely piece. I did click back and checked out the quilt you will be using for sample. It always impresses me when I see how you can cut those strips making such wonderful designs.

Your mom sure has paid her dues with her fractures. Lets hope the chiropractor can help her heal.

J~MT

Elaine Adair said...

I'm going to echo Laura above -- "I want to be YOU when I grow up". The quilting is so effective, yet not difficult, and brings the quilt to a higher level. Very effective. 8-))

Quilter Kathy said...

You always take such beautiful photos of your work...I enjoyed each of these gorgeous shots!
I always love to see the quilt from the back too...thanks!