Sunday, May 3, 2009

Still stripping......
I thought I was going to have a blog post without a picture today. I spent the whole day cutting strips and counting and grouping. I have a couple of them ready to ship, reusing boxes that I received thread orders in.
It was a nice day yesterday. The only time I made it out was to go to the grocery store for some salad for lunch. The prepackaged Caesar salad (with dressing, cheese, and croutons) was on sale this week. I keep forgetting to take my camera with me and take a picture of the pear trees in bloom with our pretty downtown buildings in the background. By the time I remember, the blossoms will be gone.

9 comments:

Jackiealu@aol.com said...

Wanda,
ARe you going to be selling your stips. I would be very interested in buying some. Please let me know. Jackie
jackiealu@aol.com

Jean said...

Pretty stacks! Are you going to cut any of that vintage into fqs?

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Nice nature photos yesterday. Does your neighbor's flowering crab have a nice fragrance that you can enjoy, too?

It sounds like your batik strips are spoken for. Are you keeping an "interested" list for your next go-round? (Or maybe you're all stripped out). If yes, you can put my name on the list.
Thanks
Vicky F

Anonymous said...

It is sounding like you could cut strips forever instead of create. Creating is more fun than cutting the strips for sure.

Although I am one of your fans that treasure the strips and kits you cut for me. I am looking forward to my pkg. of strips from you.

J~MT

Cathi said...

Those strips look like quilters' candy!

Sequana said...

You know, for the very first time, today I looked out of my kitchen window and saw some blooming daffis in the yard next door. Very first sighting of spring flowers this year.

And the locust tree right outside my workroom has FINALLY started to sprout some leaves. Last to come out, first to drop in the fall.

Beena said...

Promise me you were wearing your "comfy" shoes while you did all that cutting!!!

Not only did I almost post on my blog without a photo today, I just ended up not being able to post. Going to have to wait 'til tomorrow!

I bet the pear trees in bloom are gorgeous!

Wanda said...

It may not be the most interesting thing to do but it's pretty, all those colors, and it gives you time to daydream

Mary Johnson said...

Love the stack of strips -- I bought a bin last week to put below my cutting table that I'm going to start to fill up.