Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Red border.........
A red border worked well. I chose a red with pink splotches in it that is a little darker than the first pinky-red border that I added. The next border has to be a wider piano key type and I haven't decided whether to piece new strips sets or cut up ones I have already made. I was thinking maybe I need wider chunks for the next one.
I checked on the funny Jack in the Pulpit stalk from 2 days ago and it is opening up. We are supposed to get a lot of rain today, some in the morning and more at night so I don't know if the flower will open or stay closed and protected.
This is another hardy geranium in the garden outside my back window. You can see a lily to the left and 2 hostas in there too. There is the tip of one leaf of a new hydrangea bush at the center right. I took a piece off the bush in front 2 years ago and transplanted it and it is finally beginning to grow bigger this year. Patience, that is all it takes.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the red border, it did work well. I just love the geraniums. I have two different varieties in my garden.

jovaliquilts said...

What a difference that new red border makes to the feel of the piece. I like it!
It's storming here, too ... but the good news about that is it really intensifies the beautiful green outside.

Anonymous said...

This border makes the quilt look done to me. The red is perfect. I can't wait to see what you do next. I'm sure I'll feel the same then. How big is it now?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ZING ZING ZING! great little quilt!

shellysquilts said...

That is one cute little quilt! I luv it! Well done!

Vicki W said...

The red border worked great! What's next?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the way you are working on this project ~ using what you have, playing with colors, letting it grow more or less as it wants to . . . what could be more fun?!?!?

Beena said...

I'm loving your quilt!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

What a great project.
Although each border makes it complete, each succeeding border makes it more complete and more exciting.
K

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You are on a roll with that quilt!

Eva said...

What else could it have been than red?!

Anonymous said...

It is such fun to see what another border adds to this piece. This may turn into a King Size yet with the applause you receive every day. And I am applauding also.

Your garden is blossoming like your quilt top.

J~MT

Elsie Montgomery said...

I love the way that this reminds me of looking at a mirror at myself looking in a mirror. Seeing me over and over isn't what is exciting, but that sense of forever... and this little quilt so pleasingly offers that same exciting impression that it goes on forever.

Cheryl Arkison said...

This is coming together nicely. My suggestion would be to make the border wider on two sides. It would start offsetting the whole thing. Looks great so far!

Cathi said...

I love that red border and the quilt as a whole. It makes me think of looking into endless mirrors -- the effect is fabulous!

imquilternity said...

Isn't it fun to see just how beautiful a quilt can be made purely from some strips of fabric. I just love the creativity!

Jean said...

LC hit the nail on the head...it has a depth that is starting to show up as it grows. Great work!

meggie said...

The outer red is wonderful.
I am puzzled by your geraniums, as they don't look anything like the plants we call geraniums.

Rebel said...

Yup - I love the red!