Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still blooming

My amaryllis is still blooming, 4 flowers on its 3rd stem. This was a really hearty bulb. This flower stem is 26" tall and very sturdy. The bud to the left of the flowers is on last year's bulb. You can see it is almost as tall already and is almost ready to open. Here is a larger than life size picture of 2 buds on my Christmas cactus, one almost ready to open. I am going to have 10 or more blooms this year, which is the most this plant has ever produced.
I hope I get to the design wall or the sewing machine today. I miss them.
I'm sorry I didn't put the author's name on yesterday's post for "The Shack". It is by Wm Paul Young.

10 comments:

Belvie said...

Your flowers are both beautiful. I'm a plant lover and have both of the ones you show there. My Christmas Catus bloomed right on time this year...the plant is 13 yrs. old. However, I don't have such good luck with the amaryllis. Mine had bloomed the last few years in May!

Thanks for sharing those lovely pics.

Pat said...

Love seeing your flowers....you have good luck with those..that's for sure!

Eva said...

There is only one explanation: They have been treated well and feel great.

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of the ladies above ! Your plants are as lush as your quilts.

J~MT

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Since your weather is pretty much the same as ours, it must be so nice to have spring inside at least!

I trust you will get back to the studio soon.

Unknown said...

The amaryllis is gorgeous. I had a Christmas Cactus that was the same color. I just loved it. I am so glad it is blooming for you.

Cathi said...

Wow, I can't believe that amaryllis -- it is so gorgeous. Hope you post photos of the Christmas cactus when it blooms.

Diana said...

Good for you on getting that Christmas cactus to bloom. My mother loved that plant and tried for many years to get blooms, but was seldom rewarded. You must have the right touch!

Vicky F said...

Wow, what an amazing amaryllis!

And maybe your Christmas cactus liked all the cold weather you had this year. Was it situated in a cooler corner of the house, or maybe near a window? Mine does better if it is kept 60-ish degrees.

Vicky F

Jean said...

Very beautiful flowers...can't believe it is still blooming. You have a way with flowers as well as fabric.