Monday, March 2, 2009

Making half square triangle blocks

I want to finish the little quilt that is in my header. It needs a border and I decided quite some time ago that the triangle squares had to have the same light fabric as the first border to make it work.So I cut several full width strips of the light batik and then used a lot of the many color strips I cut when cutting the fabrics to send to Jackie. Here is a full picture on this post. So today I will play with the border and see if I need to piece some more squares.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Header Quilt' is another timeless piece. Just delicious in those sherbert yummy colors. The number of your blog commenter's sure has grown since 10-21-2007.

Your triangle border will add even more excitement to your piece. Another of my favorites.

J~MT

Marilyn said...

I reeallly like it!

Unknown said...

Thangles are a terrific way to make half square triangles! Quick and easy. I can't wait to see how the border turns out.

Gene Black said...

Those Tangles save a lot of time and are relatively inexpensive. I sure appreciated them for the last half square triangle project that I did.

Jean said...

I haven't ever used thangles...do you think they make things go more quickly? Seems like your commenters do!

TB said...

I guess I have the same question as Jean regarding the benefits of using Thangles. I, too, have never used them.

Purple Pam said...

Beautiful quilt! Another winner! The colors are so vibrant. I seriously do not know how you do it, time after time, knock out quilts.

Nancy said...

I have to laugh Wanda, the design flaw you explained in Sunday's post? I noticed that in the earlier photo of the quilt, but I thought it a deliberate design element, maybe representing a mist rising to dissipate in a kaliedscopic forest... It's all in how you look at it.

Joyce said...

I've never used Thangles before either. Sounds like I better get some for my next quilt.