Saturday, March 7, 2009

Stacks of strips

Yesterday I mentioned that I was sorting things and that the scraps wouldn't fit into their allotted drawer. I decided to iron them since they were a tangled wrinkled mess. Now they are ready to use. They are the crooked first cuts that I make to straighten the fabric before I cut my other strips from the yardage. I call them clean up cuts and they are what I use in my crazy piecing and the Cobblestone series. It was a beautiful day yesterday, in the 60's, so I walked down to the post office and grocery store. It is supposed to rain now for 2 day, and I guess we need it if we want spring flowers.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea with the strips. I love the colors. Today is supposed to be quite warm here. My friend is coming over and we are also cutting batiks. We are taking a class together with Judy Niemeyer. We love her and have taken classes with her before. But there is a lot of pre-class prep. Her quilts are not for the faint of heart.

Jean said...

Great idea to use all of the fabric!!

Millie said...

Oh. (Slaps forehead) Duh! What a good idea! I usually toss those. Not any more! Thanks Wanda.

Anonymous said...

I am catching up with yesterday's and todays posts... The two quilts so different from each other, yet with individual beauty all of their own.

The returned fabric from Jackie is so impressive. Anxious now to see how you will create with them. Must say the postal service is amazing at times.

J~MT

Leah said...

how cool. thanks for sharing your process, and for the photos.

Cathi said...

Those strips must be such fun to have sitting there ready to play with! The colours are so much fun to just look at!