Thursday, March 12, 2009

I feel like finishing something

I have several new things I want to start but I feel like finishing something. I started this one awhile ago and I had both dark and light double 4 patch blocks to put between the baskets. click here to see it then. I decided I only wanted the light blocks so I still have to make more to fill in. I am contemplating the darker shades of the light blocks around the edge. I may still take them out, indecision there.

The other one I am trying to finish you can see here. It is long enough for a twin size bed but isn't wide enough so I am cutting rectangles and squares of some of the same fabrics and I will piece on a 5" border on both sides. It won't read as a border and will just look like part of the main design. I have to cut a few more fabrics yet but hope to finish it today.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean, I get that same bug. You just want to finish something so you move along. I do love this layout and I think it will look terrific! I love the other quilt too. The jewel tones are fabulous.

The Calico Cat said...

Yay for finishing. I like the cake stands & I can see it finishing beautifully either with the darker edge or not... I think my preference is for the darker edge - incase you are soliciting advice :o)

Quiltdivajulie said...

So glad to see this one again... Funny how we all move through cycles of digging and starting anew or needing to feel the sense of completion. Glad we're free to choose which way to go!

Joyce said...

It's good to finish things. I like the idea of darker lights around the edges.

Cathi said...

This is so pretty. I think I like the idea of dark around the edges too.
That Turning Twenty top is wonderful -- I love the fabrics you've used in it!!!

Marilyn said...

Oh, Wanda, I had almost forgotten that quilt. I'm going to love whatever you do--you know that, right? You're Turning Twenty Again is just absolutely wonderful. I love the fabrics in it.

Bethany said...

I like the dark around the edges. It finishes the quilt.

Anonymous said...

Both quilts are stunning, but the Turning Twenty is beautifully rich and uninhibited!

Purple Pam said...

I like the dark turquoise of your Turning Twenty quilt. I have so much turquoise fabrics. I had not thought to do a nontraditional design. I like your cake stand blocks, too. I like the darker border as well.

meggie said...

I like the lighter colours more than the dark.
Such fun to see them evolve.

Anonymous said...

Two great quilts to finish up. And will be looking forward to seeing them complete.

J~MT

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
I can feel your decision pain!
I do like the darker blocks to the outside, but I liked it all mixed up, too.
I suppose by now you have it figured out and sewn.
Vicky F

TB said...

It would be beautiful either way, but I like the all-light look...just my two cents.