Thursday, March 5, 2009

It was one of those days......

when I couldn't get anything done. I ran errands all morning. After lunch I did get the remaining triangles up on the design wall and took a picture so I can look at it on the computer screen and see if I want to change anything. More errands in the late afternoon. I try to do them all on one day so hopefully the next day I don't need to leave home for anything. Two of my sewing machines get updates from the computer and it was time to tackle the one I had put off. I got it loaded and was going to embroider a design and check out some of the new features when a friend called and we talked for over an hour. By that time it was too late to start a design. I think of it as a day of not getting much done, when I really accomplished a lot in all of those errands for me and my parents. I just wanted to get the borders sewn on one of the quilts and it didn't happen. Today I will stay home and work on them.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The borders really put on the finishing touch.Wig.

Julie Bagamary said...

The borders are looking nice.

Anonymous said...

Posting blog for the day.
Errands for you and your parents.
Updating sewing machines.
Catching up with a friend.
Finishing the triangles on quilt.

Sounds like a good day of accomplishments to me and you even squeezed in some time to complete the triangles to show us today.

J~MT

Jane Moxey said...

I love the sparkly half squ. triangles on your borders! Happy Sewing day to you after all your errands etc. yesterday!

Betsy said...

Wanda lovely color selection on that quilt. You definetly have a good eye.

The Calico Cat said...

very pretty. nice border! Get stitching Lady (Channeling Jerry Lewis...)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a pretty productive day to me! Although, it may not have been how you planned, but worked out well. I love the layout of your quilt, it looks fantastic. By the way, your batiks are on their way back to you.

meggie said...

I have many days like that lately. At the end of a day, I often think "What the heck happened to the day??"

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
I like where you are going with the half-square triangles. They just add that extra sparkle to the center stars.

Vicky F

TB said...

Oh, I like the inner border of trianges. Very nice. Some days are just like that--not at all as planned. Hope that tomorrow is better.

jacquie said...

sounds like you got a bunch done...just not what you wanted to....i read all the posts i've missed...i always learn so much coming here. thanks wanda.

Jean said...

Sounds to me like you got lots done, just not everything you wanted to. Why is it sometimes the plans we make seem to take longer in real life than we think they will?